Inca 410 questions

I have an Inca 410 jointer/planer that I purchased used a few days ago.

The manual suggests Waxilit for the top, to make it slick. The top is hard-anodized aluminum. I have found and have ordered Waxilit, but while I'm waiting for it to arrive I'm thinking of trying another product (that can be found locally). I would like it slippery. I've noticed some reviews of table-top products that compared them on the basis of rust protection. Have there been any round-ups that compare them for slip-factor? I've found Topcote, SlipIt, and Empire Table Top Lubricant at my local Rockler and Woodcraft. And there is always Johnson's paste wax (which I don't have but could pick some up). Any opinions on which of these is the most slippery?

Also, this is a two-knife, 8 5/8"-wide head. Seeing as I can't call Inca and order knives, does anyone know if Amana or someone makes knives I could use in this unit?

Thanks! Phil

Reply to
cgallery