In the market for a miter saw

Page 2 of 2

Tom wrote:

99.9% of statistics are made up on the spot. <G>

That doesn't agree with the statistic I just made up!
PDX David :-)
Brian wrote: ... anyone have a bad experience with Craftsman?
Heh. -Phil Crow
Got one, love it. Simple and easy answer.

I agree with previous post concerning lazer on saw, not much good for precision work, but if your a framer, go for it. I did some carving work for a furniture company, the guy's in the shop had a variety of miter saws at thier work stations, Delta, Craftsman, Porter Cable, Makita, Bosch, and Dewalt. I found that for precision, and capacity the Makita Dual Slide 12" was my favorite, but the most precise saw of the bunch was the Bosch 10" Dual Sliding Compound. I liked it so much I went and bought one for my shop.
What I like abut it are:
All the controls are right up front, no reaching around behind the saw to adjust anything.
The detent stops are right on.
The blade tips both left and right. (some don't)
I require exceptional accuracy, and the Bosch is the best I've seen so far.
What I don't like:
$685 bucks OUCH.
The blade stop is difficult to engage for blade changes.
The depth stop is kind of cheezy and difficult to set accuratly.
By the way, I have a friend that owns a tool repair shop, and is the autorized service center for all the above brands. He says he's never had a Bosch in his shop.