In need of some HELP!!!

I am looking for plans for some designer pointy sticks. The use will be for holding up some tomato plants in the back yard. Any info wood be very helpful.....Brian
-- www.members.cox.net/bsnikitas

for
If you live in Texas, you need texas size sticks. Rip a 2x4 in half and cut a taper point about 6" long using your table saw. Sticks are 6' to 8' long depending on your needs.
Bob
Brian In Hampton says...

Pointy sticks require specialized tools and advanced techniques. Suggest you try a different project. If you had the skills to make them, you wouldn't need to ask how.
On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 17:53:16 -0500, Hax Planx

I hear both David Marks and Norm have pointy stick episodes in the works. Another rumor has it that both will be multi-episode projects.
Barry
Brian In Hampton wrote:

Hmmm - designer pointy sticks... Yet another gap to fill in The Pointy Stick Compendium Project.
http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/PointyStick/PS1TableOfContent.html
Do you have a lathe and some spindle turning tools?
Have no idea what finish would be appropriate for a designer stick. I wounder if the can of plaid paint I bought would work.
charlie b
charlie b wrote:

Plaid(e) paint only works for Scots Pointy Sticks and those are rarely seen these days. 'Sides, one of the effects of globalisation is that the Scots got priced out of the market. The VN were able to undercut the pricing and increase the distribution. They also used that inferior brown finish.
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: