Impact driver Drill/Driver Kits

Page 2 of 2
Sorry Leon, but I don't agree. My older cordless didn't brake and it did not overdrive nor did my electric.
The biggest advantage of a cordless is just getting the job done without a cord. Plus the clutch. I set it lower than needed when starting out, no overdrives or cam outs until I know how hard the wood is for the screws being driven.
Also the power of my first 18v nearly snapped my wrist off compared with an electric or my former 12v. For electric to get that powerful you needed a D handled unit with a side handle also.
Now the drills are just powerful...

On 6/5/2012 9:24 AM, tiredofspam wrote:

I was implying that a cordless has the advantage of stopping quickly over a corded. I have never seen a cordless, 9.6 volt or larger that did no have a brake of some kind, I am sure they exist.
The older ones did not all brake.