IKEBANA VASE

Personally I think it's kinda dumb to make something and then deliberately put a crack in it.

JOAT Justice was invented by the innocent. Mercy and lawyers were invented by the guilty.

Reply to
J T

beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I think the V cut adds art to the project. I like it thanks for sharing it.Taking a chain to wood to make it look old, or a blow torch to paint to blister (shabby cheek) I dont, but many do.

Reply to
henry

Wed, Aug 16, 2006, 7:08am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@rcn.com (henry) doth sayeth: beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I think the V cut adds art to the project. I like it thanks for sharing it.Taking a chain to wood to make it look old, or a blow torch to paint to blister (shabby cheek) I dont, but many do.

I don't see distressing projects either.

Yeah, yeah,I know, artistic licene, or whatever. I think most of the so-called "artistes" should have their licenses revoked.

I don't see it as a V cut, rather as a fake crack. If I'd thought of it as a V rather thana fake crack, I might well have different thoughts on it. Too late for that now. If I ever decided I wanted a crack in a piece, I doubt you'd catch me making a fake one. I'd rather take the time to find some wood with a natural crack, and use that. I'd feel much better spiritually doing it that way than by faking a crack.