If you've bought mail-order lumber, a "S2S" question please

If you've bought mail-order lumber (e.g. Wall Lumber, Badger Hardwood, etc.) and they said it was S2S, did they dress a face and an edge, or did they dress both faces?
DAGS on "S2S" and I found conflicting definitions of S2S. Thought I'd ask someone who's actually bought it, what arrived?
Gracias!
S2S = Surfaced 2 sides. S4S= Surfaced 4 sides, and of course S3S is generaly Surfaced 3 sides or surfaced 2 sides and straight line ripped

Down here it's called "S2S1E"
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

Bought from AdvantageLumber and specified "S2S" - surface 2 sides, then added "plus one edge". Quite pleased w/them.
S2S refers to the faces, not the edges.
Renata

Thank you! Have also heard good things about Advantage.
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:01:41 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@myrealbox.com (Renata) wrote:
What lumber did you buy, how much per b/f and shipping cost? Is it really worth it?

I just received 20 bdft of 4/4 white oak and 20 bdft of 4/4 hard maple from http://Woodworkerssource.com and paid $0.20/bdft to have both edges planed flat. Normally it comes S2S. Had to do it as I don't have a jointer and 40 bdft of 4/4 is a lot of edge to plane.
Erik

I followed your link and found their walnut was more than I just paid locally! I feel a little better.

Where abouts are you, Wade? I'm in the Seattle, Redmond area. BTW, now I've got a bunch of 4/4 I need to get resawn *^%%$#*^%. It's to damn thick for what I need. A local cabinet shop said they will do it and resurface for $60/hr. Said it'll take 20-30 minutes.
Erik

Thanks Erik - I'm in a different spot. Have a jointer but no planer. Thus my interest in S2S vs. S2S1E.