If you're stealing from me, you're stealing twice...

I like to date my masterpeices (?) with an inset penny (3/4 forstner bit works perfectly). A bit of shellac keeps it shiny. Got the idea from a Becksvoort article. Anyone else do this?

Reply to
brian_j_roth

No, but I will. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I carve dates and initials into mine. Our coins are too ugly - I believe Becksvoort uses silver dollars, which are a bit more attractive.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I used some metal letter stamps to punch in my initials and the date.

Reply to
Upscale

i've taken my bussiness card to a trophy shop and had it burned (lasered) on

1/16in door skin. i glue these in some inconspicous place on the piece and add the date. being as how i sell my stuff it works out nicely as they wont lose my card.

wodbutchr making sawdust in salem or

Reply to
Wodbutchr

Ugly? I brought back an example of every coin from vacation, because I liked them more than our euros.

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Jordan

Brian wrote:>I like to date my masterpeices (?) with an inset penny

Used to solder a new penny to the new copper roofs. No-one ever sees them, until the roof fails, and they haven't yet. Tom>

Work at your leisure!

Reply to
Tom

I've never heard of that, Brian... but if I ever turn anything that I'm willing to admit to, I'll put a penny in it.. Hell, the way the US$ is headed, maybe I need a bit for putting quarters in..

Reply to
mac davis

Reply to
Bruce Farley

Tue, Dec 14, 2004, 6:16pm (EST-3) brian_j snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com asks: I like to date my masterpeices (?) with an inset penny (3/4 forstner bit works perfectly). A bit of shellac keeps it shiny. Got the idea from a Becksvoort article. Anyone else do this?

I glue a business card inside my suff, that has an inside that is. Where it's not easily noticeable, with the month and year. Number any duplicates for some reason.

JOAT We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.

- unknown

Reply to
J T

No, but I like it. You can have steel stamps wi th your name (or anything else) engraved on it from Brownells, the gun parts supplier. These are supposed to be used for stamping gun barrels, so obviously they work fine for pounding into wood. Years ago, I had a guy make a custom stamp with my first name and last initial engraved into a hunk of steel. It works only on end grain, but looks exactly like the stamps used by old wooden plane makers.

tt

Reply to
Test Tickle