If this is global warming...

Page 16 of 16
Leon wrote:

predictions more than 2 days out are risky. But remember, we're talking climate here, not weather. Climate can be scientifically codified.

Do you believe that weather and climate do not affect each other?

Well yes, they have. The leaders in any field are well known through the AAAS and NSF. Most of them do stints at NSF and can hand out grants to like minded folks.

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Because they have evidence. You imply that GW is some kind of liberal plot. Prove this.

CO2, atmospheric levels now exceed 400 parts per million (ppm). Paleological records show that every time CO2 levels have exceeded 300 ppm there has been an ice age. Every time, without exception.
The same records show that there have been a series of ice ages over the past 5 million years, naturally occurring every 100,000 years, with about 90,000 years of glaciation followed by about 12,000 years of interglacial climate.
The last ice age ended about 12,000 years ago. I am more inclined to believe what has happened in the past without exception, than the incredibly unreliable speculation about what will happen into the future 100 to 1000 years from now. Are planet is cyclical, what goes around comes around.
Does this mean we will be heading into an ice age anytime soon, certainly not. One thing I do know for sure is that the sky is not falling, Chicken Little.
Joe Bleau wrote:

Taste like chicken.
Glen
jo4hn wrote:

when the glaciers reached as far south as NYC.
Glen

Temperature changes cause weather patterns to shift. It's about the average GLOBAL temperature, not local.
Mike