If this is global warming...

Page 14 of 16  
On Feb 14, 9:55 pm, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

The people who DID create the internet, disagree with you.
--
FF



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Context....context.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Interview with Wolf Blitzer of CNN. Transcript right here:
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1999/03/09/president.2000/transcript.gore /
When the Internet was "created", Gore was 21 and still in school.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/07/07
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Most like sicience Fiction.

Yes , I think 3 or 4 times less than 2005 and that many times less than predicted.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

global warming out of our driveway. Right up next to the garage, the global warming was drifted up to mid-thigh. Overnight lows the next coupla nights are predicted below zero, and that's Fahrenheit. I'm sure to the folks in Minnesota, that seems kinda balmy... but it's pretty dang cold for Indianapolis. For most of the last week or two, our daily highs have been colder than the normal *low* for this time of year.
I think I've had about all the global warming I can take.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller (alphageek at milmac dot com)
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Robatoy wrote:

you might be. Some places may experience nastier or better weather but the overall change is an increase in temp with polar caps and glaciers melting. It's been happening for years now. Not gonna get better. Drive hybrid, save a polar bear.     luck to all,     jo4hn
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

It has been happening for years, for eons even. Millions of years before man ever appeared the earth was warming and cooling.
Drive SUVs and remember to save a tree you might think about wiping with spotted owls.
Joe
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Joe Bleau wrote:

that Antarctic ice cores show that the current concentration of carbon dioxide in the air is the highest that it has ever been (>.3 million years). The number of REFERREED scientific papers that scoff at man aided CO2 is zero. Enough.     or you might try prayer,     jo4hn
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

To your latter point, given that the referrees for papers are all global warming adherents, there's not a lot of hope for papers demonstrating conclusions contrary to their faith.
To the former point, I've seen other conclusions, but am too tired to go digging for em right now. It's not worth it anyway, it will only demonstrate another theorem, "for every PhD, there's an equal but opposite PhD." Wouldn't matter anyway, those who have signed onto the global warming religion aren't going to believe anything that derails that nebulous theory. Even more so those who are convinced that all of that CO2 increase is man-made and man-caused (what they usually mean is western civilization man-made and caused. CO2 from China and other developing industrial nations apparently has no effect).
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough +--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
The number of REFERREED scientific papers that scoff at man :>aided CO2 is zero. Enough. : To your latter point, given that the referrees for papers are all global : warming adherents, there's not a lot of hope for papers demonstrating : conclusions contrary to their faith.
You don't know a whole lot about refereed journals, from the sound of it. The referees are well-trained, mainstream, reputable scientists. Many hundreds of them. Do you think the editors of all the major science journals in the world are members of a secret society that has an agenda to promote the illusion of global warming? And that they somehow have been able to identify the minority of scientists whole agree with them, and have excluded all other scientists from the editorial review process?
: demonstrate another theorem, "for every PhD, there's an equal but opposite : PhD."
And that contradicts your point above.
    -- Andy Barss
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Well, we have gone from "30 years ago scientists were predicting another ice age" to "scientists who predict global warming will never change their minds."
--
Contentment makes poor men rich. Discontent makes rich men poor.
--Benjamin Franklin
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Larry wrote:

Really? Who said that?
Every single argument against global warming that I've seen here lacks one thing: hard evidence. The scientists who know about GW have evidence, lots of it. But then, since when has evidence ever trumped belief? Check your TV listings for the Coral Ridge Hour--you wouldn't believe what they're saying.
Bob
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You misspelled "for". :-)

--
Regards,
Doug Miller (alphageek at milmac dot com)
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Doug Miller wrote:

That's exactly the way I intended to spell it. Those who do NOT acknowledge GW have offered little here but sarcasm and kneejerk reaction. The weight of evidence that it exists is overwhelming.
Bob
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Facts, schmacts. Global Warming doesn't exist, because they SAY so. Isn't that enough proof?
Mike
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Feb 15, 5:45 pm, upand_at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

That's the okay I was looking for.

pollution, I haven't farted in since Kyoto and now I am going to let one fly.
This is gonna get ugly.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
"Bob Schmall" wrote in message

So does the argument for global warming, where "confusion of correlation and causation" simply, and fallaciously, replaces "hard evidence".
It's really not hard to see, providing you know what to look for and take the time to do so, instead of gullibly believing what is fed to you as scientific "fact" ... which it is blatantly not. AAMOF, It provably does not even rise to the level of an "hypothesis".
One other thing of much import: Much of this "opinion" (it does not qualify as a hypothesis or theory using proper "scientific method") is based upon "computer modeling".
In a nutshell: guesswork in the algorithms, which are always being refined; insufficient/dubious data, some of it previously subjected to suspect statistical "methods" prior to input, leading to a phenomenon that has always plagued computer modeling since Babbage, "GIGO"; and last but not least, failure to use "scientific method", as above, and instead relying upon statistical methods, which can be misapplied in the rush to publish.
Case in point ... the dire predictions of hurricanes last season, based solely on computer modeling, which inarguably had no basis whatsoever in reality. GIGO!
Be as gullible as you wish on either side of the issue, but use a better argument than lack of "hard evidence" to assuage that gullibility ... the point is that, as of yet, there is NONE ... for either side.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/07/07
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
[snipped for brevity]

Swing, statistics are right 75% of the time in 4 out of 6 cases, 10%. (May not be valid in your state).
Who does fund the research in global warming? Are there never any strings attached? Follow the money. As my mother-in-law says (with a rich Nova Scotian accent) "Best those people go outside and stand in the wind and have the stink blown off them." Research money is often tainted-they either want you to prove them right, or prove them wrong, depending on motive. So if you have to 'adjust' the numbers to ensure next year's funding....well...best go outside and have the stink blown off ya...
Here's a line you'll likely hear: "Gentlemen, this presentation will prove that if you give this department more money, we will supply the data which will give the lawyers representing the people who are sueing you, the ammunition they need to defeat you in court, resulting in bankrupting your company.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Who does fund the research in global warming? Are there never any strings attached? Follow the money. As my mother-in-law says (with a rich Nova Scotian accent) "Best those people go outside and stand in the wind and have the stink blown off them." Research money is often tainted-they either want you to prove them right, or prove them wrong, depending on motive. So if you have to 'adjust' the numbers to ensure next year's funding....well...best go outside and have the stink blown off ya...
Here's a line you'll likely hear: "Gentlemen, this presentation will prove that if you give this department more money, we will supply the data which will give the lawyers representing the people who are sueing you, the ammunition they need to defeat you in court, resulting in bankrupting your company.<<
A man (properly cynical) after my own heart!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/07/07
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

National Science Foundation, Sometimes the US NAVY. Sometimes private foundations. Rarely private corporations.

You better spend it the way you said you would or you'll never see another dime. You better have a grant proposal that matches the biases of the current group of grantors.

Always!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.