If they had a domino, we'd all be speaking latin now

cave creek, az

Reply to
charlie

Can you imagine the Venetians drawing up a boat on a hunk of granite?

Reply to
Jack Stein

"charlie" wrote in news:grfmso$1s3$1 @news.motzarella.org:

I especially liked this sentence: "these Venetians had large rowing ships, galleys, carrying over 100 rowers, which were produced in large numbers and used extensively for centuries;"

The mothers of these rowers must have been indeed priceless, producing such valuable and long-lived sons.

Reply to
Han

If they had SketchUp, they would never have floated.

Reply to
Robatoy