If they had a domino, we'd all be speaking latin now

http://designblog.nzeldes.com/2009/04/roman-technology-rocks /
regards, charlie cave creek, az
charlie wrote:

Didn't need a domino, but damn, if they had Sketchup...
Can you imagine the Venetians drawing up a boat on a hunk of granite?
--
Jack

If they had SketchUp, they would never have floated.

I especially liked this sentence: "these Venetians had large rowing ships, galleys, carrying over 100 rowers, which were produced in large numbers and used extensively for centuries;"
The mothers of these rowers must have been indeed priceless, producing such valuable and long-lived sons.
--
Best regards
Han