If JOAT could do it........

I've had a fasinating couple of hours here today

Mike Stanford

I filed this source in multiple locations to insure I did not lose track of it.

Although not free, this is a source of some oldies but goodies in a number of different topics. These are PDF files and generally cheaper than paper books. Prices are in Aussie dollars.

Lee Michaels

Thank you.

Reply to
Robatoy

Thanks for the link, Mike.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:24:09 +0100, the infamous "Mike Stanford" scrawled the following:

It only took me 1 minute to see the value and start downloading everything in sight, before the site goes down. I used to link to great sites like that but they always disappeared before I got back to them. I have no more tragic losses now.

-- Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. -- Earl Warren

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thanks! Downloading on the menu tonight!!

Reply to
LDosser

Ditto for me. What are you using to DL? I'm using HTTrack and it's fetching at 200Kbps and I have 45 of the .pdfs so far. I like HTT because I can set it up and it fetches the entire website with no babysitting by me. After it finishes I then have a local copy of the site which I can put on a CD/DVD and have it forever.

I wish I had known of this while rusty2l was still alive. Art

Reply to
Artemus

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:53:41 -0700, the infamous "LDosser" scrawled the following:

I was grabbing six or eight at a time via DSL while reading the Wreck in the background. How good can it get?

-- May those who love us, love us; And may those that don't love us, May God turn their hearts; And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, So we'll know them by their limping. --old Gaelic blessing

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 19:07:05 -0800, the infamous "Artemus" scrawled the following:

Firefox.

Standard download speeds were about 165k max, less with half a dozen going at once. When the DSL lights stopped flashing madly at me, I'd DL a large handful more. I'll look at WinHTTrack. Sounds easier.

He's gone? I remember trying to get something from he website and it was down, but I didn't know why. Bummer.

-- May those who love us, love us; And may those that don't love us, May God turn their hearts; And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, So we'll know them by their limping. --old Gaelic blessing

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Reply to
Periproct