If it was only 100 lbs more

he could call it a 900 lb. bench

It's well done but...

It's not my style and the video didn't show the advantages of the vertical motion. Fixing scratches on a workbench top isn't something I'd ever do. But it looks good. I must serve some specific purposes.

Reply to
Electric Comet

Spend some time on a work bench and you know the advantages of vertical lift.

You raise it to work/assemble at eye level or lower for the same reason. and being able to tweak the height sure saves the back when applying stains or sanding.

Reply to
Leon

But I would certainly want a faster way to engage the wheels to move the unit. My shop is totally mobile and I move everything all the time.

Reply to
Leon

Sounds reasonable. Too many moving parts for me. I like my bench simple.

Reply to
Electric Comet

As do I! This is a cool work bench but probably not piratical in a dusty environment. I saw no guard to keep debris out of the lifting mechanism.

Reply to
Leon

I use a 900 lb mobile work bench at the farm.... the truck bed and tail gait. Does that count?

Robert commented (another thread) that things have been slow, here. In the past month, the only thing I've done (this past weekend) was install a shelf above the kitchen sink, for misc items, at the camp.... prep work done on the tail gait.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

There's nothing I hate more than piratical workbench. :)

More to the point, you mention the benefits of a variable-height bench. Do you actually have something like that? Or perhaps just work surfaces of different heights?

Reply to
Greg Guarino

I knewo!!!! ;~) I wonder if piratical is even a word. LOL

I have work surfaces of different heights. The last that I have acquired was a Festool FMT, it stands 2~3 taller than any of my other work surfaces. I much prefer it for normal work but it is too tall for assembly purposes. I have a 2x4 interlocking grid that I assemble on top of 2 saw horses plus 2 halves of a sheet of plywood setting on that. This is great for adding cabinet backs, doors, drawers to a cabinet and general parts storage during a job, but too low for sanding and finishing.

Reply to
Leon

The wheels looked nice but not convenient. The purpose of the bench wasn't clear so perhaps the design choices would become clear if there was more info about the bench's purpose in life.

Reply to
Electric Comet

It is now. ;)

What you get for doing your talking these days through Siri. lol

Reply to
Swingman