If I could own only one tablesaw blade...

Assuming that I could only own one blade for my table saw (10" Delta contractor saw w/52" Beissemer fence), what would be the best one to own? What make and model? How many TPI? Could I get away with using the same blade on hardwood, softwood, plywood, MDF, melanine...?
WoodChuck
Providing your saw is properly "tuned up".
Forrest WoodWorker II, 40 tooth "REGULAR KERF" 30 tooth if you will more often cut 2" or thicker stock than not. As long as you take care of the blade and let only Forrest to the sharpening you can use it for all with out question except the melamine. BUT with extra care it will cut melamine nicely also.
Look to Spend about $100.00. You will never look back.

I'd like to alter the question a little. WITHOUT a Forrest blade, which one would you choose and what does it cost?
On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 01:53:36 GMT, "Leon"

Ramsey wrote:

A Freud F410 - about $100. Hey, you get what you pay for. ;-)
-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA
I just bought a WWII... Haven't gotten it on the saw, mostly because I simply forgot it was sitting out there after I mowed the grass. Damn this wreck for eating up some of my time. :)
A couple nights ago, after I had already ordered the WWII, I was running some walnut through the TS. First time that I've worked with walnut. I had a CMT blade in there, not sure how many teeth, but it was a combo blade. The walnut came out nice and smooth. I started wondering if I didn't just waste some money. Next I ran some pine, milled 2x4, through the saw and started praying that the WWII does a better job. I haven't been too terribly upset with the CMT, but after getting the Chopmaster blade I thought the WWII might eliminate sanding for me. I'll find out soon enough.
Thomas
Ramsey wrote:

I agree.
Forrest WoodWorker II.
Rob

Forrest Woodworker II, zero clearance insert, and possibly a 5" blade stabilizer (Forrest also.) Wire your saw for 240 volts and go with a 1/8" thick blade.
Yes, yes, etc. Phil
WoodChuck wrote:

regular kerf WWII 40 teeth. It's worth the price, woodchuck
dave
WoodChuck wrote:

Dave? Are you going to throw your hat into the race for governor? LOL

Nah, I'm gonna do like Riordan and vote for ARNOLD, of course. (Unless his platform becomes too liberal for my taste...)
dave
Leon wrote:

Thanks for the input. I thought that would be the answer, but I was concerned about sheet products with a 40 tooth blade. Looks like I can get one for about 95.00 plus shipping.
WoodChuck