If Everyone Who Posted Here Had To Actually Have Done A WoodDorking Project Within The Last 30 Days - There Wouldn't Be Any OT Political Posts

Well, it might cut it down some, anyways.

Regards,

Tom

Thos.J.Watson - Cabinetmaker tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet

Tom Watson

Do the corral fences/gates count? If not, I'm out for this spring... :)

--

Reply to
dpb

Tom Watson:

I'm not a regular here any more. It's not the OT stuff (life tends to be OT); it was smug replies from a small group of self-styled "experts" that drove me away, and the repetitious questions.

So, when I have a question about woodworking (or some fix-it-up project that is not too far afield), I pop in, post it, thanks for the answers, and I'm gone for probably another year.

It has been two hours since I did any work with wood; I'm doing some upgrades to this building (carpentry, to be sure).

24 hours ago it was raining hard, so I was focused on building some mahogany shelves for use inside referenced building (more traditional for this forum).

Davoud

Reply to
Davoud

House repairs come first. replacing triple tracks.

Scraping, Sanding, washing with TSP and bleach, then the priming, then the paint with anti-mildew stuff. Bit of caulk and hang the new ones 4 down 3 half done 8 more to go and add in a new window in the master bath (vinyl slider with PVC trim).

Nope minimal wooddorking going on here.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

I just put up 4 levels of scaffolding in order to change a couple of windows and build a batch of new shutters. I think I'll go for board and batten. Cedar and then soak them in straight Penetrol. Do some painting with a proper airless. Just had a new roof put on a month ago. Then I'm taking a jack-hammer to the front steps and starting over. Probably composites.

Reply to
Robatoy

I put together a new bench today, does that count?

Reply to
DGDevin

Were going green! Save The Forests.... Replacing woodworking with wordworking... Just change 1 letter and look at the trees that'll survive.

Not that I'm for saving trees, but I am for waste reduction... and from the looks of some here, powertools and pens should not be within there grasp!

So better the OT then many "new" projects that make it in the trash bin.

Reply to
sawzdust

pissing down as always, as soon as I break out the painting gear... but I still won't post political ot crap!

Reply to
Noons

I cut up and shipped 350 lbs of black ash burls to turners last week. broke down burls into small blocks for knife handles and shipped to germany the week before, shipped a load of veneer logs to Tiawan last sat. took lumber out of the kiln hauled it to the millwork and had it made into flooring for my brother on tues. don't know if thats all woodworking but it is working with wood ross

Reply to
Ross Hebeisen

I would think building fences and gates count. Gates especially count if there is joinery above and beyond nails nor nuts-n-bolts.

The question for me is: does finishing out the woodshop interior count as meta-woodworking or woodworking?

Also, does adding wood to the stash count if all I've done with it is hit a few square inches with a block plane?

Can you count planting a few hundred trees as very long range project planning?

hex

-30-

Reply to
hex

Does hardwood flooring count? Well, actually it's bamboo, so I guess that's grassworking...

Reply to
Woodie

On alt.hackers (I know, but I can have several hobbies, can't I? ;-) you used to need an obligatory hack (ObHack) on every post.

Didn't there used to be an ObWW on here too?

ObWW: Before coming in to type this I was sat at the pine/tiled table I made to fit in the corner of the garden... Nothing special but it does the job beautifully. And being pine and in the UK it will rot away in a few years time giving me an excuse to make something else to go there...

Reply to
PCPaul