Idle thoughts: Red rag to blue rag to red rag

Page 2 of 2
HeyBub wrote:

Thanks everybody. I never knew shop rags had an acid marker!
What made this episode more confusing was that the rag had just come out of (my) washing machine!
Anyway, the mystery is now solved. My appreciation to all who contributed. Well done, folks.
Mike Marlow wrote:

It wasn't cleanliness that was the motivating factor; it was trying to find the best way to remove caked-on crud. Had the acid not worked, my backup plan was a single-edged razor blade.
I now have a female living with me and she's absolutely anal about things being tidy. She even insists on washing coffee cups between uses.
Why, I have no idea.