Identify this bandsaw

Can anyone identify this bandsaw and provide some info? It appears to be an older Delta. What do you think it's worth?

Bottom left corner picture.

Thanks

Reply to
SBH

Looks like Big Foot's band saw.

Reply to
Leon

oops...I forgot the link....

SBH

Email them and ask what model it is and any other info they can offer: hp, single or 3 phase, any accessories? If you're nearby, go inspect it.

Re: The estate website - That Roseville vase might be worth a close inspection, if that Roseville mark is not a fake.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Reply to
Robert Allison

It looks like mine. If so, it's a 14" Delta, circa 1940's or later. If the thing about half way down is a stacked pulley sticking out the back side, that means it's also rated as a metal cutting saw, and has a gear box to accommodate that function. The manual can be downloaded at:

kimosabe

Actually, I called them to ask. They said they didn't know the specs/info, but did email me a price they will be asking which is $175. The sale starts today at 9am, which sucks because it's Friday and I work. Therefore, I could miss the shot of viewing/purchasing. The good part is, I can leave work at noon and he left me with a phone number to contact the person who will be there to determine if it's still there as to not waste my time if that's all I want.Being it's in my area, it will not be long to arrive there (1/2 hour).

Reply to
SBH

SBH wrote the following:

willshak

It's a Rockwell/Delta, 14" circa 1950. Triangular, red logo is the same as the one I have. I purchased mine about 16 years ago from some old timer for $128 (he wanted $150, I only brought $128 with me).

Can't tell from pictures if it's closed or open base.

Nearly all the parts are still available from Delta. I replaced the tires, tension spring, blade insert and some other minor details.

I even located a .pdf manual and have a copy here:

worth $175 assuming it's not too beat up. Note that these older saws had notoriously under-powered motors if you're thinking about resawing. Mine only has a 1/3HP. I've got another saw for resawing.

Also, this model has a hexagonal guide post, newer models use a round guide post. If you're interested in adding a riser block, you'll need to replace the post guide to accept a round one.

Good luck.

~Mark.

Reply to
Woody

There's a bigger picture at the link in the ad. I don't think you should pay anywhere close to $175. I paid 100 bucks for the same model, but much newer and in very clean condition. The only rust on mine was on the iron table which is expected. There is a lot of thru-paint rust on the sheet metal parts on that saw. That make me very suspect of what the bearings and motor are like.

Bottom line: don't feel too bad if you miss out and if you get a chance to bid, offer half what they're asking.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Thank you all for your inputs, unfortunately, the saw was sold quick. I called around 10am and it was already gone. Not sure I would have instantly bought it if I saw it, but a 9am sale start on a workweek doesn't even provide the opportunity to do that.

I'll keep searching.

Reply to
SBH

As another said, they're quite common and in a sizable metro area wouldn't expect it to take long to find another listed.

OTOTH, out here where there's essentially nobody, I've been waiting since moved back to the farm... :( I really screwed up in not upgrading to a larger than the old 12" while was still in TN and moving it then (hindsight is 20/20).

--

Reply to
dpb