ideas wanted: sliding door for shed

Ok, we're building a shed. We're putting a sliding front door on it (barn type), 5' wide by "usual" height (6-8 feet tall, whatever it works out to be). We have a 10' track with rollers that looks like it can adapt to pretty much anything. The lumberyard folks had stock plans for everything but the door itself, so I'm kinda in a quandry about how to make this door at this scale. The rest of the shed will have 4" exposure horizontal clapboard siding. Ideas? Photos?
DJ Delorie wrote:

I'm replacing my gargae doors so have looked at this a bit but havn't completed the research. I"ve decidced against by-pass doors. I think they are going to be hard to close the gaps adn keep the weather out and I'd like to get full use of the entire opening. I did find some tracks though that rapped around to the sides so the doors would articulate in the middle to follow the curved track and I'm thinking of puttingthese up now:
http://www.crown-industrial.com/frames/garage.htm#roundthecorner

Thanks, but I already have the track hardware. Plus, I'm not too worried about insulating my *shed* ;-)
DJ Delorie wrote:

I have one between the shop and the garage. I used a 2x4 on flat frame and plywood skin on one side. it is 6'+ high and 7' wide. I plan to add 3/4" styro insulation and a 1/4" interior skin soon for heat retension.
If you want some pics then send me an email and I will take some this weekend.
BRuce
bruce-garlandTAKE THIS snipped-for-privacy@charter.net
BRuce <BRuce> writes:

What do you do about the seams between the plywood sheets?
the frame should be a grid there is a vertical 2x4 in the center of mine but one every 4' would be need to assist in keeping things square. I looked at mine again and I used a 2x6 for the top and 2x3 for the rest. All on the flat, using half lap joints at all intersections. the half laps help keep it from racking.
BRuce
DJ Delorie wrote:

--
---

BRuce

Use 5/8" T1-11 which has a lap joint. Common in all lumber yards and used extensively for low cost garage doors.
-- Papaboop http://papaboop.com /