Ideas on how to fasten this together

https://www.etsy.com/listing/189981581/round-weaving-loom-for-children-wooden?ref=shop_home_active_7
I'm thinking a lap joint and glue but I'm sure there's a better way. It looks like oak and a basic steam bend.
On Saturday, August 29, 2015 at 3:02:52 PM UTC-4, Michael wrote:

A tapered joint would give you more glue surface. I believe that some drums are made that way.
You could also glue up a panel and cut it out as single piece.
You also cut small pieces and build it like stave drum. Make your staves long and then cut out a bunch of them as gifts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7u6LPwfkPs

Michael wrote:

--
GW Ross

I'm so old, restaurants want payment
On Saturday, August 29, 2015 at 3:44:02 PM UTC-5, G. Ross wrote:

Derby,
Those are some awesome drums! For me, the difference is few weeks worth of work on this type of project versus 30 minutes cutting and steaming a 1/2 inch thick piece of oak. I just hope my steam box is long enough; otherwise I'll have to make another.
GW,
I'm going to think of some kind of jig to make consistent, one-inch cuts. Shouldn't be too tough. I need to make about 10 of these little looms for a non-profit.
Thanks!
On Saturday, August 29, 2015 at 12:02:52 PM UTC-7, Michael wrote:

Scarf joint. If you ripped some long thin veneers (so the hoop thicknesss was three or four thicknesses) a big spiral, glued up and smoothed afterward, would also work. Hide glue is traditional, but polyurethane would hold well; with lots of surface area, stability while it dries is more important than strength.

That would probably work. If you could scare up some copper rivets and put a couple thru the lap it'd look very nice and you could forgo the glue.
John