Ideas needed: CMS station/wood stoorage rack

I've got a wall in my basement, about 12' wide, that I currently use for informal wood storage, i.e., boards leaning up against the wall.
I'm thinking I can probably do a nice compound miter saw workstation with wood storage underneath. Anybody done this, or have good ideas for maximizng the storage underneath?
There are tons of ideas...visit Woodcraft, Rockler, the wood magazines, do a google search..if you cannot find anything you like, create it...

wood
the