Ideas?

Page 1 of 2
Found these on the side of the road. Wrought Iron. What could I make? What are they? I just can't walk by anything heavy...
https://goo.gl/elPME1
On 11/17/2015 3:54 PM, Jim wrote:

I'm guessing small outdoor table bases...

On 2015-11-17 5:00 PM, dpb wrote:

--
Froz...

Quando omni flunkus, moritati

A good snow shovel, too.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 21:34:20 -0500, "Mike Marlow"

Dunno, I've used mine as a long-handled dust pan a few times since we moved from Vermont. I was thinking about mounting it above the fireplace as a conversation piece.
On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 21:34:20 -0500, "Mike Marlow"

One powered by a youngster hired is a good snow shovel.

Let me introduce you. Mike, this is a good snow shovel. Good snow shovel, this is Mike. He's not going to be happy about using you, but at least he'll be able to get the job done effectively with no worries about breaking you. :-)
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

The good snow shovel likes long walks on the driveway, being left out in the freezing cold, and responds really nicely to a little lube. Forget dinner and a movie, you can get right to action!
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On Tuesday, November 17, 2015 at 2:00:56 PM UTC-8, dpb wrote:

Just about the right side for a hammockside lemonade pitcher.
On 11/17/2015 5:00 PM, dpb wrote:

find.
--
Jeff

On 11/17/2015 3:54 PM, Jim wrote:

Only thing that comes to mind here is some sort of base for a planter. Insert a large glazed pot in the thing and...

Nice find - I think table - rather than planter - .. the rim seems to suggest table top .. .. and a planter would drain all over the base ? John T.
--- ---
On 11/17/15 3:54 PM, Jim wrote:

First thing that came to mind: glass top tables.
--

-MIKE-

On 11/17/2015 4:54 PM, Jim wrote:

would find replacements. Perhaps one of the big box stores has a lightweight round planter urn that would fit well enough to serve the original purpose.
--

Digger

On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 13:54:18 -0800 (PST)

guess it depends on your skills do you want to repurpose them entirely or keep them close to original purpose
They are Veranda or porch container holders. Ceramic pots with a rim sits over the top inset and flows downward but does not touch. They hang on the top rim.
But alternate use - maybe lounge chair table or snack tray holder with the other on the other side with a tub of 'beverage'.
Martin
On 11/17/2015 3:54 PM, Jim wrote:

Nice victorian style plant container holders. Reuse as such or would make interesting tables with (colored) glass or mosaic tops. My MiL, a floral nut, would love to stick them in her garden!
On 11/18/2015 9:01 AM, Casper wrote:

My wife would have granite sink cutouts on them before she got them home.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On Tuesday, November 17, 2015 at 3:54:25 PM UTC-6, Jim wrote:

Too short for a patio dining-type table. Maybe side tables.
But I think plant holders. And let's not be common. Let's be more sophi sticated, upper class.... lends itself to more value. They are for jardin ières.
Sonny
On 11/18/2015 12:46 PM, Sonny wrote: ...

My guess...

On reflection, it's possible were pots with 'em that did have lips to sit in the rim cutout. Maybe were left out and water collected and froze and cracked 'em sometime in the past??? I was thinking the table tops had been broken was reason for the pitchout, but either way they're a nice piece o' work that could be made functional relatively easily again...