I was talking to this dude from Austin

Page 2 of 3
"Lee Michaels" wrote:

The best part was the weather.
This was early May.
When we left Cleveland, it was spitting snow.
When we got to NO, severe weather had moved thru, and it was shirt sleeve weather.
My cold body soaked it up.
BTW, the return trip sucked.
Lew

You still in Cleveland, Lew?
--

-MIKE-

"-MIKE-" wrote:

These days I'm in SoCal.
Got tired of being up to my armpits in 6 ft of "partly cloudy", from Nov to May.
Lew

Tell me about it. I grew up in the snow belt. It's comical to see TN people deal with 2 inches.
--

-MIKE-

"-MIKE-" wrote:

What part of the SB?
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Every part, including Chardon, which would be considered the "buckle." I lived all over western Geauga county and eastern Cuyahoga county.
--

-MIKE-

"-MIKE-" wrote:

That definitely would be the snow belt.
I much preferred the West side, less snow, closer to the airport.
Ever buy anything from "Price Cutter" who runs his operation out of Chardon?
Lew

amraP Pink Flamingos :-)

No Lew, I like to buy things at a good price. :-)
Woodline is right down the road, in a Nashville suburb. I can walk in and get all touchy feely with the stuff.
--

-MIKE-

"-MIKE-" wrote:

Naw, white sock country was too close to town.

Touchy feely has a price.
I despise retail and have a thing for UPS.
If I can't pick up the phone or go on line and place an order, not sure I truly need the product.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

They're nowhere close to retail. Dusty warehouse with pallets all over the place. They're all internet/mailorder.... but nice to the locals.

You're preachin to the choir. But I'm always seeing stuff on websites and wishing I could get my hands on it to make sure it's as beefy as it looks or the exact right size or whatever.
Then there's the supporting the local economy aspect.
--

-MIKE-

[snipped for effect]

somehow.

..okay... that was too easy
Robatoy wrote:

I started to reply, but I thought, I'm not going to encourage him. :-)
--

-MIKE-

Robatoy wrote:

I was behind a black H2 today, at a red light on Rt. 66, in Middlefield, Connecticut. In front of Guida's Restaurant, heading west, if you're familiar with the area...
He had a license plate frame that said: "You're dreaming it, I'm living it."
I wish I could have an H2... <G>
"B A R R Y" wrote:

You mean like the Arnold drives?
Lew

Ahnoled drive the big HumVee. The 'real' one. Look at from either behind or the front. If you see differentials, it ain't a 'real' one.
"Robatoy" wrote:

All I know is Arnold has two (2) of them.
One runs on hydrogen, the other on biodiesel.
Spent $100K of his own money to prove to the GM brain trust that the hummer could be made street legal.
Lew

Isn't the H2 just a GMC pickup truck with a big, gaudy fiberglass body?
Reminds me of all the dorky American cars that come out with a sport version and call it the "GT." You know what the GT stands for? Goofy Trim.
--

-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote:

H2 and H3 are both glorified Suburbans or some such.
H1 was the real deal. Interesting note--GM owns the "Hummer" brand but never owned the design, which continues to belong AM General, which is not a part of GM. Meanwhile AM General has their own brand, "Humvee", which is a registered trademark. Whether they have a street-legal civilian model though I have no idea.
--John

I've ridden in a Humvee and its performance and capabilities were very impressive.
--

-MIKE-