I Want One

http://www.deere.com/en_US/cfd/forestry/deere_forestry/feller_bunchers/tracked/959J_general.html
I worked for a home builder in Twinsburg,Ohio & Saw one of these things working , one hella of a beast . Only problem ,they put most of the trees in a grinder , some were 3 to 4 FT. in dia. The Amish framing crew would just cry seeing that lumber going to wast. I did get my hands on a 4 ft. long X 3ft. black walnut log last year , I see a set of bowls in the future.
Jr
http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/THENORTHCOASTPT
http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/Myfavoritejob

Yep - Tools are only as good as the hands they fall into.....

Jerry - OHIO wrote:

Tree hugging and environmental whackos aside, *this* is the kind of abuse of our environment that is almost unforgiveable. That falls into the realm of wanton waste. Harvesting natural resources is one thing, but one should make use, the greatest extent possible, of whatever it is we harvest.
Those Amish dudes understand that.
J T wrote:

Oh yeah. [and I live in the desert]

Robatoy wrote: