I want a planner that will do this!

Five Quarter Oak WANTED - $1 (SARATOGA)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Reply to: snipped-for-privacy@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?] Date: 2009-07-07, 5:35PM EDT
Looking for some 5/4 oak that will finish at 2"thick. Don't email....they will not answered. Please call 893-2782
a.. Location: SARATOGA b.. it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1258332335
BTW, that's in the 518 area code if anyone has some of this magic stuff... John
John Grossbohlin wrote:

5/4 oak that will finish at 2" thick, eh? Hmm... And I'll bet you never have to worry about cutting it too short, because no matter how many times you cut it it's always too long!
--
Repeat after me:
"I am we Todd it. I am sofa king we Todd it."

Wishful thinking? Delusional? Profound ignorance?
On Tue, 7 Jul 2009 21:41:01 -0400, "Lee Michaels"

We were taught to use distinctly different pronunciations for the numerals 5 and 9 because of their similar sound in radio transmissions. Let's give the poor guy the benefit of the doubt on the thickness. Maybe somebody told him and he heard wrong.
Now the $1 figure is a little harder to understand unless all he needs is a few square inches.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Extreme patience. Get the guy a 5/4 tall oak tree, and he can wait until it is large enough to finish at 2" thick.
Puckdropper
John Grossbohlin wrote:
... snip

Shoot, if somebody has got that kind of stuff, I'll pay for shipping from wherever they are.