I want a gun

Page 1 of 3

Yes this is a proper post for this group! I just saw a wooden, fully automatic rubber band gun. I was wondering if anyone had plans for this thing. Check out the video.
http://www.fazed.org/video/?id62
I really looks like a fun project. So if anyone could help.
Thanks

study hall.
RonB
lol imagine a years detention for her at school... I got to make one..
Al

http://win.xrea.jp/howto_p201.html But you may need another language under your belt. Tom bkf wrote:

to English assembly instructions, but it may suffice.
Tom
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Here's a link for google translate
http://tinyurl.com/egmwh
Too bad we can't have toys like that in the US. Here in NJ dodge ball is already banned and now the wackos want to ban 'tag'
what we really need to ban is politicians!!

RayV wrote:

Whoa, stop. PLEASE tell me that that's a joke. PLEASE?!?!?!?

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

What about dodge bean bag?
My son, a rough and tumble 11 year old, just finished grade six, the last year at a school full of cowardly women teachers. No tackle football; someone might get hurt. No floor hockey; someone might get hurt. No climbing on the top monkey bar; someone might get hurt. He is so physically repressed all day he can hardly learn a thing sitting with the little girls following rules and not letting his limbs slip out of an imaginary box. So most of the winter I walk to the hockey rink with him, where everyone's equipped with weapons of wood, sharpened steel, hard cold rubber, and good old common sense. Spring, summer and fall we take to the street together, and okay, we watch for cars, but that's about it. I wonder what his teachers would think of the stilts we made last week? My son measured and drilled all the holes for the footrests and screwed it all together with the power tool. Nobody got hurt. Sheesh.

I'd like to ban those tags they stick to apples. Man those are annoying!
- Owen -
Your sons teachers, or those directing them, know exactly what they are doing. It is part and parcel of the feminist movement. It's one of the reasons that girls so outnumber boys in our universities. Our male children are being totally emasculated. If the boy does not willing accept that emasculation he will be classified "hyperactive" and drugged (Ritalin, et al) into the submissive behavior the feminist/liberals seek. I wish there were more parents like you so that I could hold out a bit of hope for our country.

Joe Bleau wrote:

They aren't that smart.

I have some first hand experience with Ritalin. It does _not_ "drug one into submissive behavior". It _can_ give one enough self control to get even without getting caught though. Trust me on this, ADHD is real and it sucks to live inside it.
I used to believe the same thing that you do. Then I found out first hand what the stuff does.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Like all things, there is some truth to it. The problem is mis-use. A kid does one thing in class and the teachers want him drugged to be docile. Teachers and administrators don't want discipline (and don't know how) , they want kids that will just sit and be quiet because they don't know how to handle them.
In our school system, 15% of the kids are labeled as "special needs" I cannot accept that.
It is less of not knowing how than it is not being allowed to.

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

First, it is unlawful in many states for teachers to even suggest that a kid be medicated. Second, if they want the kid to be "docile" Ritalin is not the med to do it. Go down to Starbucks and have them lay out 20 or so shots of espresso and drink one after another until you're starting to get a little buzzed and you've got an idea of what it's like to be on a _very_ high dose of Ritalin, only the coffee is going to give you more side effects and not last as long. Then ask yourself if that is the prescription for making a kid "docile".
I'm sorry, but this "drugging our kids into submission" business is one of my hot buttons. There may be meds that will make a kid "docile" and "sit quietly" but unless the kid really does have a problem Ritalin is not one of them.

You can "discipline" an ADHD kid until you're blue in the face and he won't sit quietly and pay attention because he _can_ _not_ _do_ _it_. He may sit quietly but the only way he can do that is to put his mind somewhere far from the classroom.

You think the schools _want_ that? Every single "special needs" kid is a sink into which piles of their scant resources get poured. Yes, there is a little federal assistance that comes in. It doesn't come close to covering the costs. Further, "special needs" != ADHD. Some kids with ADHD are also special needs, others are not. Talk to some parents of ADHD kids and see how hard they had to battle to get some help for the kid from the school if you think that a diagnosis of ADHD automatically results in classification as special needs.
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Techers have suggested the child see a doctor, then the doctor prescribes Ritalin. I've seen this in my family so I know it to be true, at least in our school system.

I don't doubt you, but you are talking a true ADHD child, not one that has just has poor parenting and no discipline at home and none is given in the school either. Just give the kid a label and be done with him.

Again, I don't "think" anything. I've seen it. There are many things wrong in most every school system. Part is the parents, part is the school, part is the few teachers that are lazy and incompetent. With a little effort, these kids would not be in the special needs section, they would be mainstream and quite capable.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

If the doctor doesn't find a problem then why does the doctor prescribe a medication? Incidentally, due to the political incorrectness of Ritalin, a new non-stimulant medication called "Strattera" is more commonly prescribed. It has much the same primary effect but the side effects are a bitch. But it's not one of those eeeeeeeevvvvvvviiiiiiilllllll stimulants.

And of course you can without ever seeing the kid determine that the problem is poor parenting and no discipline at home while the physician who examines him cannot.

What, specifically, have you seen?

Special needs kids get mainstreamed with IEPs, not put in a "special needs section". Been that way ever since IDEA went through. You think that "lazy teachers" _want_ to have to prepare a different lesson plan for each kid in the class? Because that's what having special needs kids means these days.
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

It was a couple of years ago, but the school nurse was also an influence.

Sure seems that way. We has some unruly kids in school, but we all got through with no drugs. While there are some ADHD kids, it seems as though there has been an explosion of them in recent years. Why is that

Lack of dicipline, teachers that do not know proper grammer and spelling (I've actualy sent back teacher's notes with corrections on them) Teachers for whom English is their second language trying to teach pronunciation of English, forgeing accent included at no charge. Teachers that do not know the subject matter, administrators that have no clue about administration, budgets, purchasing, and other functions needed to operate a system with a $15 million budget,

Maybe in your school In ours, the teacher does not teach both, nor do they have multiple lesson plans. That is the job of the Special Ed teacher and assistants. The lazy teachers just push off the marginal students to someone else.
wrote in message

It's the usual cycle. Big pharma comes up with a drug, doctors come up with a desease to go with it.

Wrong. They do not sink R+D money into drugs that there is no market for. They identify a potential product that can be marketed to address a problem then they develope the product. Pharmaceutical comapanies may be guilty of many things that we don't like, but they don't throw money into new products that don't have a protential market that already exists.
And what drug company do you work for?