I've Rediscovered WD-40

Page 4 of 4
Some quotes from this thread:

>I prefer "fluid film" or Lloyds AD2000.

This is what I was trying to get at. These types of comments are what caused me to get away from WD-40 in the first place. My point is, I've tried it again and it works, for me. Not for just awhile, not for a couple days, but in one case so far, two years! I KNOW it's not the best lubricant or rust remover or free'er up'er for all situations. I don't believe I would squirt it into the bearings of the motor on my table saw. I also know from personal experience not to spray it into the air inlet on my pneumatic tools. Ate the seals right up! It's NOT the best for everything, but it sure works a treat for some things. And of course, to each his own. Everyone has to use what works for them, no disagreement.
Hope everyone has a great weekend! We were going to go garage saleing, but being in the northwest of Washington, it's a little chilly and raining! S'pose I could go out to the shop for some woodworking. Nahhhhh...
Phil
On 7/16/2011 2:46 PM, Phil Anderson wrote:

Yes, it was refreshing to see someone go against the grain. Everyone really knows that, like duct tape, WP 40 is great for a LOT of stuff.

Same, except I never stopped using it.

all situations.
No lubricant on earth is the best for all situations. That hardly makes WD40 junk.
Anyway, your post on the subject was superb.
I don't

--
Jack

It's a solvent-borne light oil. What's not to like? People who complain about WD are the types who don't use enough to flush out the gunk which had caused the problem in the first place, and they don't use a firmer lubricant afterward.

Nor did I. I go through about 1 can a decade of each of over a dozen lubes and penetrants.

Right. A quick squirt of WD frees and loosens a bearing, and a spray of white lithium or dab of moly keeps it free for another year, etc.
-- Life is an escalator: You can move forward or backward; you can not remain still. -- Patricia Russell-McCloud
SPAM SPAM SPAM
I've Rediscovered WD-40 www.craftkb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/.../55249/I-ve-Rediscovered-WD-40 5 posts - 4 authors - Last post: yesterday pot that plugs into a timer. I'm the coffee guy, mostly for self- preservation. At the end of the day, I unplug the cord from the ... ► I've Rediscovered WD-40 - rec.woodworking | Google Groups groups.google.com/group/rec.woodworking/.../4f18adbb648ac006 - Cached 2 posts - 1 author - Last post: 2 days ago pot that plugs into a timer. I'm the coffee guy, mostly for self- preservation. At the end of the day, I unplug the cord from the ... I've Rediscovered WD-40 - DIYbanter www.diybanter.com › Do - it - Yourself › Woodworking - Cached 2 posts - 2 authors pot that plugs into a timer. I'm the coffee guy, mostly for self- preservation. At the end of the day, I unplug the cord from the ... I've Rediscovered WD-40 newsgroups.derkeiler.com › ... › Rec › rec.woodworking › 2011-07 - CachedJul 14, 2011 – We have a 60 cup coffee pot that plugs into a timer. I'm the coffee guy, mostly for self-preservation. At the end of the day, ... I've Rediscovered WD-40 - Page 4 www.homeownershub.com › ... › I've Rediscovered WD-40 5 posts - 4 authors - Last post: yesterday We have a 60 cup coffee pot that plugs into a timer. > I'm the coffee guy, mostly for self-preservation. At the end of the day, ... I've Rediscovered WD-40 - Page 8 www.homeownershub.com › ... › I've Rediscovered WD-40 5 posts - 4 authors - Last post: yesterday We have a 60 cup coffee pot that plugs into a timer. > I'm the coffee guy, mostly for self-preservation. At the end of the day, ... I've Rediscovered WD-40 www.homeownershub.com › Woodworking Forum - CachedJul 14, 2011 – pot that plugs into a timer. I'm the coffee guy, mostly for self- preservation. At the end of the day, I unplug the cord from the ... I've Rediscovered WD-40 - Page 5 www.homeownershub.com › ... › I've Rediscovered WD-40 5 posts - 5 authors - Last post: yesterday We have a 60 cup coffee pot that plugs into a timer. > I'm the coffee guy, mostly for self-preservation. At the end of the day, ... I've Rediscovered WD-40 - Page 6 www.homeownershub.com › ... › I've Rediscovered WD-40 4 posts - 4 authors - Last post: yesterday We have a 60 cup coffee pot that plugs into a timer. >>> I'm the coffee guy, mostly for self-preservation. At the end of the >>> day, ... I've Rediscovered WD-40 - Page 7 www.homeownershub.com › ... › I've Rediscovered WD-40 5 posts - 5 authors - Last post: yesterday We have a 60 cup coffee pot that plugs into a timer. > I'm the coffee guy, mostly for self-preservation. At the end of the day, ...
Great for cleaning Nikon lenses too. **********************

I just finishing cleaning the thick black film (crust) that had accumulated on the caulking/sealant on my camping trailer. You know the stuff, kinda like plumbers putty. Looks nice and white at first then turns black. Anyway, WD-40 and a fine stiff brush cleaned it all off, looks nice again. Afterwards used car wash soap and cleaned off the WD-40. Probably could have used kerosine, mineral spirits, or something else but I had the WD-40 in a spray bottle and it worked. Usually I keep some on the trailer and spray the joints, threads on the leveling jacks and other moveable joints. This is to flush and protect. For lock cylinders, however, LPS-1 is the only thing I use.
Ralph