I've heard of shade tree mechanics

But yesterday was the first time I ever saw a shade tree wood worker. I was out riding my bicycle yesterday afternoon. As I came around the bend in the trail over at the park I heard a motor noise and looked around. There was man with a floor standing drill-press in the shade of a tree over there. He had a portable generator to provide power and was doing some kind of work. It was a nice day for being out doors, but I somehow didn't expect any body to move a work shop out there. There was convertible parked next to him. I suppose with the top down he could get the drill press in the back seat.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Gill

It would be nice to work outside some days, but the noise of the generator would spoil at least a part of it.

My favorite time to work in the garage is when I can leave the door open and enjoy the breeze and sunshine, even if not direct. Sanding out in the driveway is better than inside.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

---------------------------------- Standard boat building location in SoCal.

Find a vacant lot where you can build a boat, then drag in a 20 ft trailer to store tools and house eng-gen when not in use.

Don't expect to find power on a vacant lot.

Wore out a couple of eng-gen's building my boat.

Now if you could find a lot with a tree and a motor hanging in it, you would have a red neck auto repair shop .

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett