I've found a different way to finish cocobo...

I just finished 2 outdoor tables for my back deck. I used cedar with a cocobolo inlay around the top (mitered). I applied sikkens dek to protect and beautify the cedar. Since the cocobolo was inlaid, I ended up covering it as well. The cedar portion dried, but the cocobolo remained tacky (as I hoped it wouldn't, but feared it would). In desparation, I put both tables in direct sunlight (since I was told that sikkens cures with UV). IT WORKED, the cocobolo portion cured! I was wondering if anyone else has tried this with polyurethane, or any anything else you are NOT supposed to put on cocobolo.

Reply to
todd the wood junkie