I've decided to make a new Router Table

And one idea that struck me was to implement a traverse feeder into the design, you know the type in a machine shop in particular the milling machine that has a wheel spindle to feed the viced workpiece through the cutter.
I've seen so many home bred router tables but none with an traverse fed system.
Anyone oblige to a URL to give me an idea to work to?
Thanks
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Feeding speed will be an issue. Slow speed on many species results in burning.
A sliding table would be a better design.
Alan
arw01 wrote:

Ureka! I've sussed it. :-) Anyway Alan I just used the milling traverse feeder as means to get the general idea across.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

I have a mill-drill. it is nominally a metal working tool, but it really is great for woodworking. the table is large, it takes lots of sizes of cutters with R8 collets and it has a screw-fed XY table. it also has a wide range of spindle speeds to avoid the burning issues of the day...