I've Been Away

...for a while and now I'm back for a while. I wonder if anyone has used an airbrush to selectively apply dark stain to wood to give it that 'aged' look. For instance, around the corners or along the edges of a piece..
larry
--
Columbia, MO
www.llhote.com
Lawrence L'Hote wrote:

it's called 'shading', Larry. If you have a steady hand it's pretty straight forward. I've got a Paasche that gets the job done.
Dave
Yep, I'd imagine someone has.

ABSOLUTELY. I watched a furniture finish repair guy repair some furniture with an airbrush. They use airbrushed to match multitudes of finishes that have been damaged.

nope... never been done... wouldn't be prudent...
Welcome back, Larry!
Mac
Lawrence L'Hote wrote:

I haven't done it with stain but I have done so with tinted lacquer.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA