I've arrived.

Today I got a call from the postmaster saying that I had an important package. Since I was in the middle of gluing up some doors he said he'd bring it by. (The advantages and disadvantages of living in a small village.)
He showed up and came into my shop with a big fluorescent orange envelope. It was from the Handyman Club of America. I may never live this one down. All of the residents will now I've made it. I expect to see a blurb in the weekly newspaper just to rub it in.
And to top it off the glue spreader the sent has a bunch of different sized holes it. It'd work better without the holes.
RB
I got mine also but forgot to open it to get the glue spreader. :-(
BRuce
RB wrote:

--
---

BRuce

BRuce <BRuce> wrote in

mail return labels, *and* the handy-dandy wire gauge thing?
Regards,
JT
On Mon, 24 May 2004 21:46:51 +0000 (UTC), John Thomas

Those custom mail return labels work really good... After you cut off the logo.

I got those, *AND* the handy breaker box labels!
I have my free Handyman Club of America Member Card proudly displayed in my shop. I tell the woodworking wannabes who stop by my shop that this is the first thing they must do. lol.
My favorite woodworking cartoon had two executives talking about a certain woodworking item they were selling. First one says "No self respecting woodworker would every buy one of these." Second one says "Yeah but we will make a killing on Fathers Day!".
Rich

RB wrote:

I found a new use for the glue speader. Screw or nail it at a right angle to a piece of scrap. Voila! Instant book end to hold those pesky catalogs in place.     triumph!     jo4hn
You guys are lucky...all I ever get are carpenter's pencils & plastic drill guages. Joe
--
A hobbyist / carpenter with an emphasis on small projects.

"jo4hn" < snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
I think the drill guage is what they are derisively calling a glue spreader.
Never received the carpenters pencil myself, but I have about a thirty year supply of drill guages stacked underneath my bit boxes.
Another Joe

I miss the sanding pads! They were useful.
Joe Tylicki wrote:

glue it to a dowel and use as fly swatter or carpenter bee swatter.
jo4hn wrote:

--
---

BRuce

I must really be pathetic. I have never received anything from these people including offers of membership. I'm Pissed Mike in Arkansas
On 25 May 2004 02:14:46 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (JMWEBER987) wrote:

Go buy something from Harbor Freight and give them your address. :-)
[For the humor impaired, that was a joke. A joke son, I say a joke]
ok, you appear to be a good guy so I will call them and "sponsor" you. :-)
JMWEBER987 wrote:

--
---

BRuce

um thanks. They can call me at BR-549. Have them ask for Junior. Mike

You have truely arrived. You can use the address lables to send cancellation notices to all other woodworking journals and other WW sources.
The holes in the spreader are aerodynamic tuning ports that allow high speed gluing without the annoying whistling that can occur. When you get your official members only kit you will find out about that.
Another thing you have to look forward to is the tool testing. You get to keep all the tools.
First year tools.
Router Brad nailer Circular saw Scroll saw
Second year
Planer Jointer Band saw Dust collector
Third year
Leigh DT Jig Air Compressor Dust collector Unisaw w/ 52" Bes
Fourth year
2008 Ford Explorer with tow package 16" Trailer full of various hardwoods
Fifth Year
Complete shop building complete with AC and heating Saw mill on 25 acres of hardwood trees ready for harvest as needed Kiln for drying your harvested lumber
I know five years seems like a long time but the wait is worth it.
rllipham wrote:

    j4

You got a Unisaw? All I got was the Jet Supersaw. But I did get a screw and nail size gauge so I guess we're even. Ed