I should have kept mine

Page 1 of 2

uhhh...uhmmm... okay
http://tinyurl.com/7x2nf
(ebay auction that I can't imagine anyone would buy)

http://tinyurl.com/3m6sk
On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 19:50:26 -0600, Dukester wrote:

Both posts worked for me.
I still have mine. May have to see how much it fetches.
SteveP.

But is your in a "archival plastic bag"? That adds a lot of value.
No, but I do believe that it is encased in a solid layer of sawdust. I think they call that a patina and if I remove it the value will be reduced.
SteveP.
wrote in message

Highland Pairos wrote:

Probably not. Do not wash it off with a pressure washer. That might have some effect.

Gee - I have a few of those as well......
Cheers -
Rob
Dukester wrote:

Geez, I feel like such a fool. All that valuable junk mail I've tossed. I wonder what I could get on ebay for an AOL CD?
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Dija get and keep the one that came in the mitered MDF box?
(For years now I've been tossing all old and junk mail CDs into a drawer near my desk - got quite a stack. If only I could figure out something Cooool to make with them - not PWT bird chasers or hanging mobiles.)
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company
Owen Lowe wrote:

Never saw that one. Of course if it says "AOL" on it it goes in the trash automatically so I may have gotten it and never noticed.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
In college I knew a girl who would paint the non-printed side and make coasters out of them. The paint over the shiny silver CD made a cool effect.
SteveP.

Hey, Owen, how about spinning tops? If you've got a lathe, you could turn a stem for 'em. Otherwise, perhaps some lamp parts would do.. Nice little gift for the kiddies!

Coasters. I keep a supply of the just for that. When one gets too scratched up, out it goes. Not cooool, but better than directly to the landfill.

Even better - if you hang 'em about 4-5 feet off the ground, they'll keep deer away (guess they don't like dial-up)...
Cheers -
Rob

Maybe it's different up yonder with you 'nadians, but that kinda smacks of PWT bird chasers I mentioned earlier.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

I'm straining the ol' memory here, but it seems that a few folks posted pics in ABPW a while back with some nice turned boxes using cd's as part of the lid..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
I once made a suit of armer out of old CD's for a recycled fashion show.....if you do that don't use baleing wire to hold them togther....to stiff for the CD's....lmao
Deborah

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 03:19:44 -0800, Owen Lowe

Saw a rather cool lamp made from a stack of them glued together. I might hang onto them if I didn't have so much other junk around. I like the idea of boring out the center hole so it will fit over a fluorescent bulb then gluing up the stack. The glow through the edges would be pretty cool. You might even be able to turn it if you used abrasives rather than a cutting tool - I suspect any type of cutting tool on the edge of the CD would make it shatter.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 03:25:37 -0400, "J. Clarke"

I _have_ sold AOL CDs on eBay. There's a collector market in the older/rarer ones. It helps if you're non-US, because the collectors are in the US and want the foreigners most.
I got $25 for one that I had to wash coffee rings off first.