"I Pulled Out Of Pittsburg Headin' Down The Eastern Seaboard..."

Page 3 of 3

: You have not had to fill up a : Chevy 2500 truck lately huh Lew ??? : : With a 32 gallon tank and 3.66, it : is a tad more than $100. : : : Lew Hodgett wrote: : > Tom Watson wrote: : > : >> I just spent sixty two dollars to fill up my old F150 8 Cylinder : >> Detroit Iron Slamma Jamma. : >> : >> : >> That seriously pissed me off.
Try $150 for 35 gallons of diesel.
Dave in Houston
"Pat Barber" wrote:

Not really.
About the only thing that clicks are 18 wheelers with 100+ gallon saddle tanks and $5/gal diesel which translates into more than $1K/fill up (GULP)
Lew

Here's one for you, Lew. <G>
http://www.moonofalabama.org/2008/10/the-ford-domina.html
What a laugh. And I totally enjoyed the comments at the bottom of the article.
(btw.. I /know/ it is not a genuine product in the Ford line-up, but it would sell.)
"Robatoy" wrote:
Here's one for you, Lew. <G>
http://www.moonofalabama.org/2008/10/the-ford-domina.html
What a laugh. And I totally enjoyed the comments at the bottom of the article.
(btw.. I /know/ it is not a genuine product in the Ford line-up, but it would sell.)
Bubba would love it.<G>
As for me, have never been interested in vehicles other than as an abolute necessity.
They are a piece of personal property with rapid depreciation that you get in, drive 60,000 miles to the next dealer, get out and into another one to start the process all over.
Lew

I see a distinction between transport and sport. I spend as little as I can on transportation, but will spend on a fun drive through twisty roads with gobs of power at my foot.
I think I have a better understanding now of what a bubba is. He's the guy that paints a big number '3' or '28' or what have you on his car/ truck and then goes to the races with all his right-wing near-beer swilling buddies and watch all those NASCAR driver trying to get all those right-wing thoughts out of their heads by turning left for a couple of hours.
*smirk*

Not beer, wiskey:
http://www.headbubba.com /
On Oct 2, 3:17pm, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

Yabbut... what is a F 1 link doing on a bubba's page? That style of racing actually requires skill and strategy, not to mention serious technology.
<g,d&r>

1968 or so, college, used to fill up the 10 gallon tank on my Karmann Ghia for $2.50 (the whole tank, not per gallon) during the sporadic "gas wars" (that phrase has taken on a whole different meaning now).
Jerry
I remember paying 22.9 cents per gallon occasionally in my VDubya days -- could barely get $2.00 worth of gas into that 10.6 gallon tank.
Used to walk to 4 miles to school every day when I was a kid too. In the snow. Uphill. Both ways! :-)
--Steve
wrote:

1968 or so, college, used to fill up the 10 gallon tank on my Karmann Ghia for $2.50 (the whole tank, not per gallon) during the sporadic "gas wars" (that phrase has taken on a whole different meaning now).
Jerry
Heck I walked 6 miles uphill both ways on my hands and knees...... wait a minute I didn't have hands and knees, I only had stubs. he he he.
cm

In article <8340d6dc-bd0b-417d-812d-4ce98e027088

Yeah, I remember making $1.60/hr too.
-- Keith

My daddy said "Son, you're gonna drive me to drinkin' If you don't stop drivin' that
Hot
Rod
Lincoln!"
In article

He probably just decided to stick to the speed limit.
--
Stuart Winsor

What you should be pissed off about is the 700 billion a year we send out of our country to pay for that oil.
I'm in the mid east, you would not believe how YOUR money is spent.

Funny timing... I was working on that song last night, for tonight's gig..
I don't do stuff like you did with the Beemer, Tom, diesel is too expensive... That's why our lil' Dodge Dakota with the 4.7L is fun sometimes.. blow off folks without using a lot for fuel.. lol
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

...then I woke up...
...with my hands on the wheel of my beat up 5 1/2 cylinder f150 with the blown headgasket and the cancer spots on the rockers...
...the one that had never been driven over 90...
...had it all been a dream?
...I looked at the receipt for the gas...
... not dream...nightmare...
...i drove home and read myself to sleep...
...some book about a guy named Mitty, or some such...
t.