I present to you - the Programmable Screwdriver

It's legit -
http://www.dottocomu.com/b/archives/000599.html

the idea itself is not bad. I drive a fair number of screws and am always looking for another gizmo attachment for my driver. I'd rather see the thing on a corded tool, but that's probably just me.     Bridger

Wow, what a load of bull****
quote "Record an expert's macro and even the novice screwer will see a dramatic improvement"
That's me----> novice screwer!
Frank
Frank Ketchum notes:

You just gotta suck it up and keep practicing.
Charlie Self "All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure." Mark Twain http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html

Hmmm, I think I have a few more things on my wish list in front of the $600 programable screwdriver.
Joe

They probably designed it with sales to government agencies in mind. It would look real nice next to the $500 hammers.
Rick

yeah, the price is out of line, and the ad copy about using a preset to turn a newbie user into an expert was BS, but the idea of being able to profile a fastener/material/pilot bore and repeat it reliably is very good, in my opinion. I hope the tool doesn't disappear from the market before the developement costs have been met. I would like to be able to buy one for $100 in 3 years....     Bridger
Gordon Airport wrote:

Nifty, but you can buy a bunch of DW, Bosch, or Milwaukee drills for that price. Y68500 = about $650 USD
--
Ed
snipped-for-privacy@snet.net