I need to match some "cherry finished" funiture

You know the flat boxed stuff (quality ). would it be better to stain or dye the real cherry piece.I would not normally do either to cherry. but it needs to match.

Len

Reply to
Leonard Shapiro

Well without a picture it is really hard to say. "Cherry finished" usually means it is not Cherry wood, just a color that is supposed to look like Cherry. So a picture of what you are trying to match will help us see what the target looks like and maybe identify the wood species. The same staining material and technique on different woods can deliver very different results.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

You may have to do both and then some.

SteveP.

Reply to
Highland Pairos

As I said it was flat boxed stuff(non wood,you know vinyl with whitewood trim colored cherry finish, Planked cherry). It is a darker brown red color and since this a binary group pics are not available to be posted. I finish most other cherry projects with either oil or shellac, but in this case I need to more or less match the furniture in the room with a stain or dye.

len

Reply to
Leonard Shapiro

The "companion" binary group to this one is alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.

Reply to
Upscale

posted to the pictures.woodworking group "

Reply to
Leonard Shapiro