i need router table plans

anyone got any?

please e-mail them to me at :

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

thanx in advance

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:39:12 +0100, "j" Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

yep mount a router to a piece of plywood with a hole in the center of it. flip the plywood over and place it on two sawhorses. take a square, straight 2x4 and clamp it to the plywood for use as a fence.

i only respond to the group.

Traves

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

Try looking here, lots of stuff.

dan

Yup this is the best router table to get going with. To make it easily, go to the Borg, buy a precut 2X4' piece of 3/4" ply, two saw horse kits and away you go. 20 Years later you'll still be using this setup.

I just uploaded into ABPF two photos of my router tables built in this fashion.

Reply to
Rumpty

I'm actually getting ready to build one... I wanted something cheap and easy to build... and was wanting something to do to try out my new dado set... so my only slight suggestion...

- get 2'x2' 3/4 plywood at Lowes (I don't want to buy a whole sheet). $5

- buy I'm thinking 4 2x4s abd build a fram construction... using lap joints so ultimately the side construction will be flush on both sides (ie make 2 squares for the sides, then connect them together... $8 ish

So why the latter instead of saw horses... I'm thinking with the frame construction the way it is, I can always add drawer slides and make drawers (hadn't done that before... so new learning experience for me... and I get to use my dado set for the lap joints. ("Honey... I needed the $150 dado set to build my $15 router table") :-)

Might do something a little more elaborate for a fence... but for sub $20... I'm thinking a fairly decent/useable router table... I can always go back and add a lift or t racks or whatever later on... but this will meet my needs for now... I wanted something simple to round the edges on some outdoor projects I want to build in the next couple of weeks...

Dave

Rumpty wrote:

Reply to
David Dube

[...]

Rumpty wrote:

Reply to
David Dube

Not plans, but at least inspiration...

DJ Delorie

On 28 Jul 2003 09:29:17 -0400, DJ Delorie Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

hehe nice table tho.

Traves

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

I agree....BUT with the following additional comments.... After you use the table the first time you may wish to modify it to make it function a "little" better...after 3 or 4 modifications you will then spend a day in the shop building another table that incorporates all you modifications.... This process is never ending... !

BUT honestly it is NOT cheaper, not faster, and the end result most likely will not be as functional as just buying a commercial Router table..BUT it is a heck of a lot more FUN and much more satisfying ...and a great way to spend a rainy day....

Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G.

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 13:41:39 GMT, "Bob G. " Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

snip

for sure agree with you here,,,my first one was a used Crapsman (those who know me understand i use the crap term very seldom. . .) cast aluminum (aluminium Greg) deal,,,moved from there to a plywood job as i described, then on to a wing for the TS, which has had about

6 different fences built for it... Jigs, RT's, shop fixtures ad nausium,,,they are what give us practice for the "show off" projects. . .

Traves

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock