please e-mail them to me at :
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
thanx in advance
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:39:12 +0100, "j"

yep mount a router to a piece of plywood with a hole in the center of it. flip the plywood over and place it on two sawhorses. take a square, straight 2x4 and clamp it to the plywood for use as a fence.

i only respond to the group.
Traves

Yup this is the best router table to get going with. To make it easily, go to the Borg, buy a precut 2X4' piece of 3/4" ply, two saw horse kits and away you go. 20 Years later you'll still be using this setup.
I just uploaded into ABPF two photos of my router tables built in this fashion.
--
Rumpty

I'm actually getting ready to build one... I wanted something cheap and easy to build... and was wanting something to do to try out my new dado set... so my only slight suggestion...
- get 2'x2' 3/4 plywood at Lowes (I don't want to buy a whole sheet). $5 - buy I'm thinking 4 2x4s abd build a fram construction... using lap joints so ultimately the side construction will be flush on both sides (ie make 2 squares for the sides, then connect them together... $8 ish
So why the latter instead of saw horses... I'm thinking with the frame construction the way it is, I can always add drawer slides and make drawers (hadn't done that before... so new learning experience for me... and I get to use my dado set for the lap joints. ("Honey... I needed the $150 dado set to build my $15 router table") :-)
Might do something a little more elaborate for a fence... but for sub $20... I'm thinking a fairly decent/useable router table... I can always go back and add a lift or t racks or whatever later on... but this will meet my needs for now... I wanted something simple to round the edges on some outdoor projects I want to build in the next couple of weeks...
Dave
Rumpty wrote:

--
David J. Dube' Cisco Systems, Inc.
Phone: (919) 392-6694 7025 Kit Creek Road
Rumpty wrote:

--
David J. Dube' Cisco Systems, Inc.
Phone: (919) 392-6694 7025 Kit Creek Road
Traves W. Coppock wrote:

After you use the table the first time you may wish to modify it to make it function a "little" better...after 3 or 4 modifications you will then spend a day in the shop building another table that incorporates all you modifications.... This process is never ending... !
BUT honestly it is NOT cheaper, not faster, and the end result most likely will not be as functional as just buying a commercial Router table..BUT it is a heck of a lot more FUN and much more satisfying ...and a great way to spend a rainy day....
Bob Griffiths
out of the shop and said. . .:
snip

for sure agree with you here,,,my first one was a used Crapsman (those who know me understand i use the crap term very seldom. . .) cast aluminum (aluminium Greg) deal,,,moved from there to a plywood job as i described, then on to a wing for the TS, which has had about 6 different fences built for it... Jigs, RT's, shop fixtures ad nausium,,,they are what give us practice for the "show off" projects. . .
Traves

Try looking here, lots of stuff. http://plans.the3house.com/index.htm
Dan

Not plans, but at least inspiration... http://www.delorie.com/wood/projects/router /