I need more info on the Biesemeyer blade guard

I could not find much info on the Biesemeyer 78-955 T-Square Table Saw BladeGuard System. I could really use the protection but I really need to collect the sawdust that is flung out from the side of the blade when I make cuts only on one side of the blade. I don’t know how wide the guard is and if I could mount a 4” dc hose to it? is there room? I can see putting a sliding panel on the left side so it is flush with the table when I make the one sided cuts. The dc setup does not look like it is worth the effort to install it. I can get the setup for a really good deal. But I want to know if it can do what I need.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
βœ–

Add pictures here
βœ–
well, I'm impressed. Just checked the tracking email and the guard is already delivered! I ordered it on Monday afternoon.
I'll install it and post some pictures tonight if I have time, which I should.
Mike
--
There are no stupid questions.
There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
There are no stupid questions.
There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
βœ–

what was wrong with it? or what did it do badly?
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
βœ–

With a dust-collector port on it, it's *supposed* to do that! *snicker*
Add pictures here
βœ–

I had seen it. I have only heard of one person who has it and they were not happy with it. that does not say it is bad but still. http://www.jungleshop.com/welcome/detail.asp?asin °00051XJ0&schMod=universal excaliber looks good but it is twice the price of the deal I am looking at.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
βœ–
probably too late for me now, but I'm curious what the person didn't like about it. I tried to find some reviews but was unsuccessful and couldn't really swing for the higher priced overarm guards. I've bought from PSI before and been happy, so I kind of went on faith. any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
--

http://www.woodcentral.com/cgi-bin/messages.pl?noframes ;read‘626 here you go.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
βœ–
I've got the t-square and and glad I do. Getting it installed and aligned is a pain (on a 10" delta contractors saw), but well worth it.
Here's the guard/dc I built (links to a friends site):
http://www.geocities.com/PicketFence/Garden/1358/woodworkingpage.html
http://www.geocities.com/picketfence/garden/1358/woodworking/bladeguard1.jpg
Add pictures here
βœ–

I had thought of building it. if I could get the guard and the arm pre built I could handle it. but my ceilings are 10 or 12 up and concrete. a real pain to deal with.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
βœ–
I wish I could say it's mine, but it ain't. It's a friends. I copied his.
I don't think he does alot of stuff with large sheet goods so I don't believe the post is a huge problem, but you'd have to ask him.
Good luck,
Folk...
On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 12:19:17 -0500, "Tim V"

Add pictures here
βœ–

with the fine sawdust I make I need huge amounts of airflow. but since I have my dc hanging over my saw I can put a 4" right onto the top. I don't want almost i want all the dust caught (G) I think it does come with the splitter but it's the wrong one. but I may be able to sell it to finance the right one.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
βœ–
: Hey Steve, : : No sure if you saw my comments and post regarding the PSI guard. You were : right not to consider it, it really isn't very well made. : : So, I'm considering the Biesemeyer system now, even though it probably is : more expensive than I can swing right now. I was curious where you're : planning to buy it, since you said you had a good deal on it. I can always : use a good deal! : : Thanks, : : Mike : : -- : : There are no stupid questions. : There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots. : : Thanks for the review........I would be interested in a good Biesmeyer deal too. Steve might be getting a good deal from one of his suppliers though. Never hurts to use the same guys often. They come through with a good deal once in a while. Sort of a thank you for your continued business.
Add pictures here
βœ–