I need math help!

Page 1 of 2
Dear All,
I am sure some of you can solve this in your head, but I don't know how to do this.
I have a box that I need to solve the interior volume for.
The side of the box has four sides. The base is 10-7/8", the one side that is at a 90 degree angle to the base in 4" high, the other two lengths are 10" and 10-1/2". The box is 8-7/8" wide and the material is 3/4" MDF.
What is my interior volume?
This box is for a subwoofer and I know the range that the box can fall within, 1/3 cubic foot to 3/4 cubic foot. I was aiming for the high side, and I hope I am close.
Thanks for your help,
David.
.255 cu ft.Check the forum post as to how I got the answer. I think I got it close enough

Volume = Length x Width x Height
Length multiplied by Width gives you the area of the bottom of the box in square units - as in square inches.
Multiply that number by the Height to find the Volume in cubic units - as in cubic inches.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Amazon Coupons, Sweepstakes and Bargains http://www.coupon-codes.neonmovie.com Over 1200 Amazon Coupon Codes, Rebates and Special Offers $20 Promotional Certificate with Amazon.com Platinum Visa Card http://www.coupon-codes.neonmovie.com/amazon-coupon-1199 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ah. OK. Sorry. The picture helps a lot.
Visually, divide your speaker housing into TWO boxes.
The rectangular one on the bottom - compute volume as already described.
The triangular box - for lack of a better term - on the top - compute the area using the same formula - then divide the result by 2.
Add the two volumes together to get the total volume.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Amazon Coupons, Sweepstakes and Bargains http://www.coupon-codes.neonmovie.com Over 1200 Amazon Coupon Codes, Rebates and Special Offers $20 Promotional Certificate with Amazon.com Platinum Visa Card http://www.coupon-codes.neonmovie.com/amazon-coupon-1199 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

in
as
Here is a link to a pic of the box,
http://members.rogers.com/dfeisan/images/subbox1.jpg
Thanks,
David.

Volume of bottom, rectangular solid part is length x width x height = volume 1 volume of prism-shaped top = length x width x height/2 = volume 2 total volume = volume 1 + volume 2
1 cubic foot = 12x12x12 cubic inches
Larry

In the picture, you can see the base of the side facing the camera, (the face bottom edge on my bench), that edge is 10-7/8". The only right angle on the side of the box is on the left, coming up from the base, that left edge in 4". The edge that the speaker in sitting on is 10-1/2". The right edge coming up from the base, the one with my speed square beside it is 10".
The depth, or width of the box, along the dimension where the clamps are is 8-7/8".
I am sure there are math terms for these measurements defining sides of an irregular polygon [I think that is what I am making :).], but I don't think I ever knew them...
Is this enough info to understand the shape of the box?
Thanks,
David.
373.2527 cubic inches inside volume.

on
edge
is
think
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Damn, a fully on topic post using sawdust. U da man!!!!!
Wes