I need a cheap air compressor for some quick work

Hi all I already have a CH 20 gal compressor but it is too big to bring in the house. I found a cheap pancake from a place called TNG direct for about $40.00. (http://www.tngdirect.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath !&products_id69)
This is cheaper than the usual HF stuff.
Does anyone think this would last for about a week of nailing up trim in two rooms? Or can someone think of an alternate to running a 500 foot air house?
Thanks Dave M
--randy
Totally agree -- get an airtank. I had several 50' hoses that I would chain together to reach internal projects, but that got inconvenient. So, I originally got a tank to address the "far reaches" of the house. I find that I use it for almost all projects outside of the shop -- very convenient.

"Randy Chapman" < snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net> wrote in message
On 8 Dec 2003 11:52:31 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (dhmeiser) wrote:

Why not just buy, or even RENT, a long hose?
Barry
On 8 Dec 2003 11:52:31 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (dhmeiser) brought forth from the murky depths:

If you don't double the price of the compressor by adding shipping, that could be a good deal.

A portable compressor is a handy item at times. I'm glad I bought the little 3/4hp IR from the Borg 15 years ago. 'Twas $89 back then.

Cheaper still is an old propane tank. Fill it with your existing compressor and run the brad nailers from it, refilling once if necessary.) I got all my replacement soffit panels + trim up with a single 100psi tankful. (Small nailers take small sips of air.)
-- Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven. Gee, ain't religion GREAT? --------------------------------------------- http://diversify.com Sin-free Website Design
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (dhmeiser) wrote in message

Sorry I can't tell you how long it will last but take a close look at the shipping costs. I was going to order some spring clamps once but the shipping was 10X the price!
Good luck. Tom S.
20 Gal tank you say? I guess Im not understanding why it wont go in the house. I have a 25 gal tank and my compressor is easily moved about. Hell its only about 15" at the widest point. It is on wheels though, maybe thats the difference.
Jim

I picked up a mini 2 gallon air compressor from sears for $80. Has an oil filled pump, cast iron cylinder, and 1 year warranty. Delivers 2.4 cfm at 90 psi. Came with 25' coil air hose, regulator, 2 gauges, & 17pc accessories. This seems to be a very handy compressor and I get several brad nail shots before it kicks on and refills the tank to 125 PSI.

How noisy is it?
If you only get several nail shots, it sounds like this would not be up to a spray gun. Would a 4-5 gal unit be able to handle light spray gun work (mostly lacquer)?
--
Spam sink email address, sorry

brought forth from the murky depths:

All those little oilless jobs are noisy as hell. They were evidently bred to compete with routers. Half the noise is the intake, the other half the loose parts.

Doubtful. Even if you have a smaller compressor, get a large set of tanks for it and it will do a lot more for you. You won't be able to shoot continuously but you should be able to finish a full coat on a fairly large piece of furniture before you have to stop to let it refill the tanks. I have a couple 8-ish gallon tanks from an expanding foam system (company I worked for in '75) which made my little 3/4hp IR pump act like a much bigger pump. I even used it with my CP air chisel to remove a very, very stuck pitman arm on my truck a few years back. That gun takes a good 8cfm and it took 2 tanksful to do it.
-- Save the Endangered ROAD NARROWS! -|- www.diversify.com Ban SUVs today! -|- Full Service Websites

Senco has a new little one that is supposed to be relatively quiet.

How do you join the system together? Is there some sort of 'T' connector?
pj