I must be getting better at WW...

A few days ago my wife asked me if I had a drill press and if I could drill some holes for some 1" dowels for a friend. I said I did and I said I could.

Then today, she brings home a dimensioned drawing of cricket "goal posts": Each consisting of three 1" dowels, 18" long, glued into a laminated base 12" long.

Of course, the friend will pay for whatever materials I need (I guess I'm supposed to go shop for the materials).

I don't mind helping--it's for a school teacher, it just surprised me how quickly things progressed from "do I have a drill press?" to a dimensioned drawing! ; ) I Guess I should count my blessings, a year ago, I would have had to say I didn't have a drill press. But honestly, I'm still able think up my own projects fast enough, TYVM! : )

Reply to
Bill

Congrats, Swingy. You have now officially entered the Architectural HoneyDo List stage of life. Next is the City Permit phase, so be glad you're where you are. ;)

-- Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving. -- Albert Einstein

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Oops, change "Swingy" in my reply to "Bill". Thank you.

The Management.