I made my first wooden plane :)

It's so strange and weird how much one must gather information and convince oneself before doing something like a simple wooden plane. You feel like standing next to a mountain, and then suddenly you chop it down with the edge of you hand (thanks Jimi).
I am completely amateur woodworker. I have not before made any tools more complicated than a couple of puukkos. I can sharpen a piece of steel so that it cuts freely hanging piece of paper or a hair in two pieces, but actually making a working tool of this complexity all by myself is something completely new to me.
Well I did not make the blade, it's Erik Anton Berg salvaged from old wreck beaten by probably 100 cycles of winter-to-summer. I made the epoxy adhesive myself, though.
Damn I feel good :) Gonna make 217 handplanes :)
Samu
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I'm fairly new to woodworking, but the idea of building up your own tools is very appealing to me (probably a result of my computer programming experiences).
May I suggest that you produce a FAQ / howto so that others can stand on your shoulders and learn this skill?
Frank