I'm looking for small 'L-brackets'

Page 2 of 2

It's not that. It's buying stuff from big lots to furnish your home, and then wasting far more time than the piece was worth in the first place trying to retrofit it so it will work at all. It's hard to find anything nice to say to yet another person who just wants the cheapest crap they can find when we're losing our entire manufacturing base because of that very behavior. Probably doesn't matter to you, but my life depends on American manfacturing (and so does yours, though you may not know it.) You could just as easily go to your local hardware store (not the Home Depot, but an actual hardware store) and ask them. I know you've got one in your town, and I'd be willing to bet someone there would be willing to help you out- but that might cost an extra twelve cents, and you wouldn't want that. After all, it might help feed the guy down the street's family instead of funding China's economic boom. In the race to the bottom, you're digging in the sewer- congrats.
I posted because I started to answer you, and then realized the complete futility of it. And hell, the window was already open.
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Ha! Reminds me of the article detailing how many petty thieves put more effort into stealing something than they would have if they had just gone out and earned the money to buy it.
posted:
<snip self pity whine by assembly line worker from old-time America filled with hard working white people in unions getting $20+ an hour>
Better get a grip Prometheus you old fogy, I hate to be the one to tell you the old America is 'gone for good' and has been for some time now, only the service area is where anyone can make any money any more. If your life depnds on American manfacturing then you really need to go get another life.
My daddy and Granddad both lost their good jobs in Flint Michigan to imports, as a matter of fact their union hall help made up that slogan of 'Buy a foreign car 10 Americans don't want to work'. They found other stuff to do. So go and waller in your self pity somwehere else. But not here and not now.
I am not 'yet another person'. I bought an AMERICAN product 'Ashley Furniture, Proudly made in North Carolina USA' from an AMERICAN secondhand store chain, that was missing some parts probabley from typically AMERICAN incompetence work. Parts just not in the sealed bag. $279 MSRP, $119.95 Big Lots, $19.95 closeout, $15 credit for parts missing.
I did go to the LOCAL hardware stores for what I need, THEY send me to HD and Lowes. The LOCAL GUYS tell me it's not worth the time to help find what I want. Why I should beat a dead horse and keep after them to find it? When they already told me it's not worth it helping me? This is what I get from the 'GUY DOWN THE STREET'. So to heck with me when I look somewhere else huh?
Then when I refuse to think of spend $35+ and make up my own part that I know is for sale $2 somewhere because I AM NOT INTERESTED IN LEARNING HOW TO DO THAT you want to shoot your mouth off at me about how I helped make America going down the tubes.
If I was a cursing woman I would curse you like you never heard. Instead I just shake my head at your sad sack self pity type of loser and will ignore you from now on. Not even killfile, not worth the effort.
'Prometheus'. Wasn't that one of the first thief ever got caught and had to pay for it forever? GUess you picked a good nym 'union man'.
Now, go back to your union hall and wait for your steward to call you out to work your 4 hours of the day. OR, get a life and get off the hind teat.
There, how do you like it when someone assumes stuff about you?
Sheri L
PS. Use a 'sig separator' for Pete's sake. Put two dashes and a space by itself on a line before your sig text, that's "-- ". Now that you were told how to use one of your toolz properly, you are no longer ignorant, so to keep on not doing it is just staying stupid on purpose.
'Veni Vidi Vici'
Watch how the sigsep works:
--
'Ladies don't drink beer out of the can, honey.' -- Ruby Gutierrez, as told
to Sheri Lee Whitlock

But Sheri, why don't you tell us how you really feel. *G*

I'm 26, not an "old fogy". Your life depends on American manufacturing- don't forget it. I could do any job I chose, but I choose to specialize in manfacturing because we absolutely do need it to survive as a country. Not everything is about "getting" money- there is a lot to be said for "making" money. Look at the history of the United States. When we are called on to defend ourselves in another World War, and it will happen -that's just the world as it has always been- we are not going to have the manufacturing capabilities to outproduce aggressor nations the way we did to defeat the Japanese in the Pacific theater. American strength is it's ability to produce- when we are eventually under an ecomonic embargo for our ceaseless "police actions," where are your service jobs going to be? A lot of insurance agents, help-desk technicians, and sales clerks are going to find themselves completely useless and helpless.

So what do they do now, sell import cars? What'll happen when no one can afford to buy them anymore because our nation's creditors have called in our massive trade debts?

Why do you think it was $19.95? There are plenty of places around that will sell you a product that works properly and has all the parts- you just wanted the cheapest crap you could find, and then complained when you got it. Yes- you are "yet another person".

With the attitude you've got, I would have sent you packing, too.

I followed the whole thread before I jumped in, and your attitudes towards not only the helpful advice given to you, but to the entire situation do, in fact, indicate very strongly that you are one of the many people who are, in fact, selling our country into slavery. So I'm not too concerned about whether or not you like how I "shoot my mouth off."

He was the man who brought you the fire to cook your food, the knowledge to build your home, the ships that bring your cheap goods to you, and the power that runs every motor and engine on earth. He didn't steal- he provided, dunce. And he is still paying, in all of his various forms. Better take a moment to figure out which hands are really feeding you.

No union, no stewards. 12-14 hours a day, and it keeps you alive- even if you don't know it.

Does it matter what you think of me?

Oh, is that how it's done?

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
snipped-for-privacy@business.org says...

Amen to that!

Actually, that's about the only reasonable thing she's said. That is the convention, and some newsreaders automatically generate/recognize sig lines by those dashes.
Other than that, she's just another spoiled brat who has no conception of how the world works. Ignore her.