I'm gloating

I took last Friday off, to make a wood run (3 hr drive). I needed 100 bd ft red oak, some ply etc...
While there, and talking with owner, he tells me of an order that was just canceled by a contactor (who just went under), and if interested, he'd make me a deal. Strapped on a large pallet and ready to go, he said about 580 bd ft, mostly 4/4 and some other stuff (his words) of ash, $500 for the whole lot, half of what he was going to charge cause ash did not sell well for him.
Today, I planed (and planed and planed), and stacked (with stickers) the lot, and the stuff is gorgous. My gloat, not so much for the cost, but at the bottom of the stack, 6 16/4 x ~13" x 9' boards, very flat and straight grained. Hello new work benches!
My honey thinks I've lost my mind.
I'm not even going to be rude you. Just post your address.
Nicky wrote:

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
Nicky wrote:

Yep, that's a gloat.

Probably, but what does it have to do with woodworking? ;)
<snip>

There's a long running discussion at my house as to whether that's a cause or a symptom.
;-)
If I brought home 500+ bf of anything right now, I'd have to rent somewhere to put it, or give it away.
Yes, it's gloatworthy.
Patriarch
Patriarch wrote:

My dog told me one has nothing to do with the other. Of course, the last time he told me to buy a particular type of gun and it turned out to be crap. What does he know?
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Nicky wrote: Snip

the
but at

straight
Given that you've *posted* the gloat, I think you know where this conversation is going.
-Phil Crow
Since no one's said it yet You Suck!
charlie b

Nice one!

Right. Don't they all?
cool!
Rob
--

http://www.robswoodworking.com

"Nicky" <nick_no@ snipped-for-privacy@vla.com> wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 18:14:16 -0700, the inscrutable "Nicky"

We all think YOU SUCK! Congrats on a great gloaty deal.
P.S: The first project should be something for SWMBO. (I'm a bachelor and even _I_ know that much. ;)
========================================================= I drank WHAT? + http://www.diversify.com --Socrates + Web Application Programming
spake:

ft
just
make
bd
whole
straight
The orginal trip was for a honey-do project, some new chairs for the new kitchen we just finished. The 16/4 stuff is just for me. Gonna make two new work benches, can't wait. Vise shopping is fun!