I'm dying to know, what is a/b (e.g 6/4) vs. 2x4

Maybe.

Okay, next time you tell everyone they're wrong... we'll know not to be irritated.

Who's ad hominid (sic)? I think Odinn said his contribution lacked what he was accusing everyone elses of lacking. That's not an ad hominem. Don't identify too closely with your ideas.

Um, are you responding to the wrong person? One person attacked someone's intelligence. One person did not.

I read it as annoyance and irritation. Arrogance is a different animal, and you probably won't find it in a setting as anarchic as Usenet (well, 'cept for Tholenbots). The guy just called everyone an ignoramus--whaddaya expect.

And the question (in the various ways it can be conceived) was answered correctly in the thread, contrary to the complaint, so irritation was warranted.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

Well Gooey, since you top posted to my post ... let us begin to pray together:

Of that, let there be NO doubt, Gooey.

participating

An excellent argument can be made that only someone both ignorant of the subject, AND unable to read the replies in the thread, could proffer the above.

Calling everyone who replied "ignoramusses" (sic) is, however, acceptable?

Hmmm ... and just what have you added to the woodworking knowledge of this thread in that very manner, Gooey?

There is always the NEXT key at your complete disposal, Gooey ... learn to wield it and you will be guaranteed to be less annoyed, but, unfortunately, none the wiser.

... and if you must top post, please learn to trim the extraneous message header crap out of your replies.

Thanks ...

Reply to
Swingman

On 4/3/2006 8:02 AM Swingman mumbled something about the following:

My lack of a workshop (daughter and her fiance have if full of their furniture) had been getting to me. I've got 650 bd ft of 4/4 and 8/4 red maple and another 150 bd ft of 8/4 white oak that's been air drying in another shed for a year that I'm just dieing to make something with. Think I'll just go for another ride on the motorcycle and clear my head.

Reply to
Odinn

Careful: Your comment about the ride brings back an old memory from when we lived in Coronado, Ca back in '68. My "shop" consisted of whatever I could squirrel away in the apartment, it was hot, and dinner was about a half hour away; not time enough to do anything. So I jumped on my bike and went for a ride along the Strand to National City and back; refreshing, felt good, did me lots of good. We needed bread, said the wife. So off to the local Safeway I went, walking, since it was onlyh a couple blocks away. Long story short: Do NOT stare at guys in suits in alleyways, picking through the garbage cans! D NOT look at them like they are total nut jobs and look away when they look back at you! They called to me three times to stop, and I just kept walking, hastening my step since I was almost to the busy main street. Then I heard "HALT! Or I'll fire!" When I turned to look, he was standing there pointing a pistol directly in my direction but aimed high. Keeping the story short: It was the FBI! The local bank had been robbed. Not really an intelligent thing to do since Coronado is an island! I met the physical description of one of the men. My shirt was as described in their description. I had been alone, on my bike, for the last 45 minutes, and had no one to vouch for my whereabouts. One really does stand nose to nose to question you and the other one back a ways, pistol at the ready. They ask questions like they're firing a shotgun. Back at the bank, the teller said "NO", I wasn't one of them. I was late for dinner and had a rather mad wife for the first few minutes! Woof!

Watch out on those bike rides! ;-)

Pop

Reply to
Pop