I'm curious; Anyone here have the New Unisaw?

Page 2 of 2

Be careful; Laguna can be hit-n-miss. While I love my bandsaw, I'm not quite so enamoured of the horizontal mortiser. The bandaw was built in Bulgaria, the Mortiser in China.
(The 220V 3HP mortiser came with a NEMA 5-15P instead of a 6-20P plug, and was a different unit than the unit in the video on their web site; the unit in the video had a mitre slot and mitre gauge, the newer unit has a useless mitre-gauge handle with no mitre slot milled on the table. Someday I'll post a more complete review of the unit; it's a good value for the price, but milling mortices in rail ends requires a shop-made fence).
scott
writes:

IIRC the competitively priced equipment that looks like the traditional equipment that we easily recognize is mostly made in China. Then there is the Bulgaria equipment that has been around longer and there is the top of the line Italian stuff.