I'm baaaaaaack...

Page 2 of 2
Leon wrote:
... snip
Glad you all are back on line and doing OK.

Thank you!
"Leon" is back from the hurrican...
Good to see ya up and running again.
I hear that hurricanes are good for business.
Dude!
Good to see you back with us.
Sis is there in Houston, and on her grid by Reliant Stadium they are expecting electricity in another 10 - 12 days. The frustrating thing is that the folks across the street >all< have power.
I think they are about 50/50 in their neighborhood for electric restoration. At this juncture with the reports of damage still coming in, I think they are just glad everyone and everything is OK.
About three years ago I took a crew there and roofed their house and put on ridge AND hip vent as well as the new shingles, and not a shingle or piece of vent blew off.
Thinking about though, with 110 mph sustained winds, that's probably as much luck as anything else.
Robert

That is kinda what we were seeing. Across the street neighbors and those 2 rows back got electricity 1 week ago.

It was a 215/35 ratio with us.

Fortunately the SW side of town near the city limit is in good shape. Tree limbs and fences are the major damage.

Exactly, Most of our winds were from the NE for most of the night but just before day break we were getting West winds and they were the strongest. Seems that most all the trees that blew over were laying over pointing east.

Oddly that would depend on which part of Houston you are in. The local HD and Lowe's are unusually slow. Farther east and south east there was more high water and wind damage.
On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:43:09 -0500, "Leon"

Hey, Leon, glad you're back and OK. Haven't missed much here. Mostly OT polarized political banter going on.
Frank

Thanks Frank, this one was not so bad wind wise, I feel for those that live closer to the water. I have a cousin that lived along the water in San Leon just north of Galveston, they have a slab left.
Did you really miss electricity or just the A/C ?
Leon wrote:

Really and truly we missed the electricity. We got electricity yesterday morning at 9:15 and the AC did not come on until 4:00 pm and then it only ran about 10 minutes to get it down to 82. It has really been quite pleasant and 5-6 days after the storm it got quite cool after sun down. Humidity is only now starting to come a bit closer to normal although the first 2 days after the storm it was kinda sticky.