I'm baaaaaaack...

Oddly that would depend on which part of Houston you are in. The local HD and Lowe's are unusually slow. Farther east and south east there was more high water and wind damage.

Reply to
Leon

Thanks Frank, this one was not so bad wind wise, I feel for those that live closer to the water. I have a cousin that lived along the water in San Leon just north of Galveston, they have a slab left.

Reply to
Leon

"mapdude" wrote

Ditto ... Ran it about three times a day, twice, for a couple/three hours each to keep the fridge/freezer cold, and once a day, when the sun was over the yardarm ... but then only long enough to draw a pitcher of margaritas out of the blender.

Tried to give it to Leon when my power came on first, but he prefers red wine, or a good sour mash whisky.

Reply to
Swingman

"Swingman" wrote

I remember, as a youth, to boil water during emergencies.

No need to boil you guy's choice of emergency beverages!

Reply to
Lee Michaels

"Lee Michaels" wrote

No such thing as " ... a boiled concoction that helps you hang on."

Reply to
Swingman

Reply to
Pat Barber

Thas rite, thas rite. I'll have to say that Swingman on several occasions offered everything just short of the world to help us cope. Fortunately we were able to endure. It might have been a bit too much for us all, including the Great Dane to have "moved in" with he, his wife, and Grace. ;~) The big thing last night and this morning was staying awake much past sun down and much past early dawn. Lectricity Lag messes up you biotanical clock.

Reply to
Leon

We found that "boiling the ice" did not work out to our satisfaction.

Reply to
Leon

Really and truly we missed the electricity. We got electricity yesterday morning at 9:15 and the AC did not come on until 4:00 pm and then it only ran about 10 minutes to get it down to 82. It has really been quite pleasant and 5-6 days after the storm it got quite cool after sun down. Humidity is only now starting to come a bit closer to normal although the first 2 days after the storm it was kinda sticky.

Reply to
Leon

"Leon" wrote

Hehe ... wouldn't have been a problem. Despite the 100 lb +/- difference in weight, Grace, AKA "The Shop Cat Who Pays Rent" (to listen to her bitching and moaning), could probably whip that big pussy, Mocha, "The Great Dane", into shape for you! ;)

Reply to
Swingman