I'm baaaaaaaaaaack...

Page 1 of 2

Been gone for a few days (as if many had noticed). Had prostate cancer surgery last Monday. Pathology study shows I'm clear. Hallelujah. Now then for the message: all you guys get your skanky butts down to the doctor at least once a year for the PSA and the finger wave. Nasty shit but it may well save your life.
Me, I feel like I'm 100 years old but I'll survive this one too.     mahalo,     jo4hn
jo4hn wrote: Been gone for a few days (as if many had noticed). Had prostate cancer surgery last Monday. Pathology study shows I'm clear. Hallelujah. Now then for the message: all you guys get your skanky butts down to the doctor at least once a year for the PSA and the finger wave. Nasty shit but it may well save your life. Me, I feel like I'm 100 years old but I'll survive this one too.
Glad the prognosis is good. I'm looking forward to my next PSA. Not. Tom
All you guys are going about this in the wrong way. I quite look forward to my next PSA test. My doctor always gives me a big smile when she lubes up that finger...
Shop around, there are plenty of good looking woman doctors out there.
--
I can find no modern furniture that is as well designed and emotionally
satisfying as that made by the Arts and Crafts movement in the early years
Ed Clarke wrote:

Good to know. Let me give you a hint: there should never be more than one hand on your shoulder when they do the exam. Trust me on this....
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

one hand

Reminds me of a hilarious sketch I saw on Blue Collar Comedy not long ago. Jeff Foxworthy was in the doctor's office for an exam, bent over the table in his little gown. The doc was making small talk, then disappeared behind JF, causing him to jump slightly. Then the doc kept getting interrupted by a series of phone calls, always followed by another disappearance and another jump. Then a nurse walks through the door, and with a shocked look on her face asks, "Who are you?" Foxworthy replies, "I'm Jeff, I'm here for a prostate exam". Nurse says, "No, no - who are YOU?", pointing to the "doctor" - who looks around nervously, then bolts offstage.
B.
Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

This is a case of a day short and a dollar late...     j4

PSA is a blood test. I don't want to imagine the method of drawing blood that requires a lubed finger.
jo4hn wrote:

Not to be crude but when you get your rocks off now is it.... poof? Enquiring minds....
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Good for you. Rubber gloves and Vaseline can be a life saver. Hope you are up back in the shop soon.

I have it secondhand from an MD that a good proxy measure for a quality primary care doc is how carefully and vigorously he or she does the prostate exam. Seems that they aren't overly fond of the exam either, and that the MDs who take their time doing it are displaying an attention to what needs to be done that carries over to other areas of the doctoring business.
--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=
Mike Lacy, Ft Collins CO 80523
jo4hn wrote:

Amen! Take note guys. This disease is treatable and beatable IF you catch it in time.
I know from experience.
RRP 03/16/2000 and undetectable PSA since then!
Good to hear it is all good... "I think"... was the entire prostate removed?
--
Alex - newbie_neander in woodworking
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
AAvK wrote:

yes.

OH MEIN GARSHK!!! (der krauten popey) Are you going to get filled with a prosthesis???
--
Alex - newbie_neander in woodworking
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Glad to hear they got it in time, John. I'm due for my "finger wave" & physical next mo., also the bloodwork & PSA. Had the prostate biopsy a couple years back, all negative(so far).
--
Nahmie
jo4hn wrote:

Funny, you don't look any better. Welcome home anyway.
Bob
Glad your doing ok John!...its sucks, but waaay better than the other options!
Schroeder

Hope all goes well, John.. (no pun intended)
At least now, you'll know whether you're coming or going??
BTW, for those of us suffering through Kaiser for their health care... if you look at the print out that they give you for blood work, it has the PSA on it... For those with Aflec (sp) they pay you like $20 to have a PSA test.. so you know it is important...
I might add that the younger you are when you start getting PSA tests, the better off you are... they use your results as a "base line" to make sure that you're numbers aren't changing radically.. and could save you life...
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing