I'm a happy clamper

12:00.03 AM sale prices posted on Woodcraft website. Took about 25 mins to complete the transaction.... musta been a helluva lot of traffic on the site. Ordered my four 24inchers and four 48inchers. Great night! Yankees win the pennant and I get a great buy on clamps. Priceless !

TomL

Reply to
TomL

don't count on it .. .. YET !! !! !!

lots of us have had our orders mysteriously "CANCELED" !! !! !!

hope yours went thru .. .. mine did, but then didn't .. .. ..

TomL wrote:

-- I AM NOT PARANOID .. .. .. but EVERYONE thinks I am !! !! !!

Reply to
Anonymous

I waited about 40 minutes for my order to be processed and then it came back and said that they were gone. They were in my cart, just waiting on their servers to process my info and BAM they weren't there. Not real happy I stayed up that late for nothing.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

I sometimes wonder if this sort of limited quantity sale doesn't create much more ill will towards the company than it does anything else. It's difficult for me to believe that Woodcraft Internet marketing department didn't realize that this offereing would be extremely over-subscribed by a solid bunch of excited people. But, then, maybe not.

Charlie Self

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Mark Twain

Reply to
Charlie Self

Charlie, I think you nailed it. Was it worth all the hype to piss off so many who were shut out? As an aside, Woodcraft now has a huge amount of home addresses, email addresses and credit card numbers. Questionable tactics? Ulterior motive? Maybe Woodcraft will do the right thing and offer some sort of one time discount to those who didn't make the cut.

TomL

Reply to
TomL

They did... 10% off your order.

Glad I didn't stay up to get bumped....;-)

Reply to
bs

This is a promotion that has been going on with several sellers at different times. I got mine at that price in August from another company, and shortly after Amazon had the same sale. I think it is more of a Jorgensen promotion.

Reply to
Leon

Probably is, but I don't see Dan Holman pointing a gun at any retailer's head. Almost all these promo sales are co-ops, usually with the distributor or manufacturer taking the largest part of the licking, sometimes all of it. But, again, nothing forces the retailer to participate if it seems likely to irk customers.

Charlie Self

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Mark Twain

Reply to
Charlie Self

My suggestion would be to send an email to Woodcraft and complain. I called in to my local store on Thursday, and was told that they had a supply, and "be here early".

I got there 5 min before they opened. When I got in and bought the other stuff I went for ($80 - stupid me), I was told that the store "wasn't participating" in the sale.

I just wrote Woodcraft Corporate an email and asked them to honor the sale, or reimburse me the difference on Jorgensen or Bessy clamps that I buy at another retailer.

I think this may come very close to the "bait & switch" that car dealers are famous for. It's illegal in Pennsylvania (where I live), and nearly every other State in the US.

Maybe if they get enough flack from us, they'll do the right thing by their customers. There's many other choices here, such as Woodworkers Warehouse, and MLCS.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Bozovich

According to my sympathy email, they purchased all of the clamps they were allowed to (5 years of normal inventory), and didn't expect the large response.

Maybe somebody there should spend some time checking out the net, while the rest redo their web site backend to flag inventory when it is first requested instead of when the transaction is completed. After all, I never expect anyone to grab stuff from my cart at a local store.

Reply to
kenR

Then they made an abysmal mistake and are not very competent. As others pointed out, Amazon ran out quickly, as did other retailers. Seems they would have been better off passing on this "promotion", it has done them no favors.

... unless you are in Home Depot and turn your back -- then they just take the whole cart. DAMHIKT :-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Among all the whining and complaining, this is an _excellent_ point.

Reply to
alexy