I _love_ the smell of red oak on a saturday.

Ahhhh. Just spent a few hours of quality time in the shop, turning raw planks of red oak into a membership plaque for our fire department. I just _love_ the smell of that stuff.
No point, actually, except that I had a great afternoon.
Dave Hinz
Dave Hinz wrote:

My wife told me she likes the smell of fresh cut wood so now I try to woodwork naked to get plenty of fresh cut wood smell on my body :)

So...you're not using the Scary Sharp system I hope then, are you?
I did the redwood thing a few days ago. Today I enjoyed the unique smells of planter mix, potting soil, and adobe while planting some flowers in pots and the ground today.
dave
Dave Hinz wrote:

I know what you mean, Dave. I just bought a planer...ran almost every scrap I had through it. Basement smelled like a lumber yard...Ahhh! Cheers Joe

blanket chest I'm making for the wifey that was nice.
--
Paul O.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Oh yeah!
Just wait till you burn up some cherry/oak with a dull saw blade & set off the smoke alarm - see if the wifey loves ya then!
:-)
Lou