I love garage sales! (gloat)

Having a decent router table built into the extension of my tablesaw, I didn't see much need for a shaper--but I couldn't pass up the one I ran across at a garage sales yesterday. It's an old-style, heavy, cast-iron Rockwell/Delta beast and came with eighteen cutters, a mess of spacers, and some little sanding drums. (Do all shapers come with microadjustable split fences for jointing?)
It was marked with a $60 price tag, but without my having to say a word, the seller said he'd part with it for only $40. Yeehah!

That explains the wind we had here yesterday....
Major suckage.

Where are all these clueless droids when I am shopping! If it were for sale around here the seller would be asking new price for the machine plus the cutters! Greg

Some cutter profiles will remove enough material, leaving none of the original surface, that the outfeed fence needs to be closer to the operator. This is the same reason a split fence is also useful on a router table. It has little to do with jointing.
Barry
Wolf Lahti wrote:

You suck. Trust me.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
You should be ashamed of yourself. That just isn't fair to the rest of us. GOOD FIND

You totally and unredeemably *SUCK*!!!!!!
Congrats.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
Flip side is a guy advertising locally for a used, beat up 4" jointer, wants $75.00 for it and he notes at the end of the ad, that the thing doesn't work... but it's in great condition.
Huh...???
John Emmons

And thought I did good with an S22 Shaper for $90! Good luck................keep your fingers away from that cutter!!
Frank
Wolf Lahti wrote:

You, sir, definitely SUCK! Congrats!