I Have An Excuse! Which Cordless Hammerdrill / Drill / Driver?

Page 2 of 2

The only problem with using a regular drill to drive

There is a 4 or 5 dollar bit you can buy for a regular corded drill that works like the dry wall screw guns bits and it prevents over driving. Normally found where carious drill screw bits are sold.
Leon wrote:

LV has them: http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&pD770&cat=1,180,42240 $5 CDN, likely cheaper in the US.
They also have a lifter for the bottom of the sheet, which has saved my life a few times: http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&pA756&cat=1,43456,43389
Tanus
--
This is not really a sig.

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 15:13:05 GMT, "Mark Jerde"

I'm with the guys above who recommend a corded model. .
I believe the ones on the belt are Hilti - there might be others

Hard to credit that the 13.2 Firestorm is too gutless to put in drywall screws. We used my 9.6V and my 12V Panasonic concurrently and they both did the job without complaints. Well, maybe that explains the huge difference in price <grin>.
Anyway, like most of the others I can also recommend the corded drywall drivers that take the belts of screws. The one we borrowed was a bit shagged so we had to use the cordless drills in the difficult corners, but for working overhead and quickly driving lots of screws those corded machines are great (we used a Hitachi, b.t.w.) for ease of use as well as speed.
-P.

Yeergh! Sorry to bust yer bubble but I slunk around the innernet and finally found a place to call eht, er, hte, er, the FireStorm 13.2 v folks. After spending about $100 of my dollerares they sent me a charger and a new battery, but I only set about 1.75 screws into the top of an (I'm Sorry!) IKEA dresser that SHMBO bought before all the 13.2 little electrons were spent, lying in the gutter gasping their last. Couldanta have been more than $5.00 per screw... (Insert favorite _______ joke here!)
I'd ruther take up smoking Kuban ceegars, lighting them with hunndert-dollars bills, than send the FireSTORM annother hunndret of minea dollardes, da jo whatta meen?
-- Mark